Happy Business Starts Here

From Invoice, how to tell if not first payment for subscription rate plan

Rolando
Support SME

From Invoice, how to tell if not first payment for subscription rate plan

I am trying to figure out how to know if a rate plan charge associated with an invoice item in an invoice is the first payment in the term or not. This is for both payment frequencies of annual and monthly.

I want to know if the charge on the invoice is the very first payment and also that it’s in the first “term”.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rolando
Support SME

Re: From Invoice, how to tell if not first payment for subscription rate plan

It is difficult to accomplish this on one report. To get this report, you will have to link payment data to subscription data. This has been addressed by our reporting team and in the near future we will be releasing a new feature called Advanced AR Settlement that will accomplish this request.

As a workaround:

1) Run a report on invoice items to pull the subscription info for each invoice
2) Then run a report on invoice payments to get the payment info linked to those invoices
3) Link those two data sets by the Invoice Number
4) Use Excel to link up the the payment dates to the Subscription: Term start date in order to figure out which payments were the first in the subscription term.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Rolando
Support SME

Re: From Invoice, how to tell if not first payment for subscription rate plan

It is difficult to accomplish this on one report. To get this report, you will have to link payment data to subscription data. This has been addressed by our reporting team and in the near future we will be releasing a new feature called Advanced AR Settlement that will accomplish this request.

As a workaround:

1) Run a report on invoice items to pull the subscription info for each invoice
2) Then run a report on invoice payments to get the payment info linked to those invoices
3) Link those two data sets by the Invoice Number
4) Use Excel to link up the the payment dates to the Subscription: Term start date in order to figure out which payments were the first in the subscription term.

View solution in original post