Happy Business Starts Here

Valued Scholar

Invoice Usage which is older than one month

Invoice Usage which is older than one month

When it is March, and you upload data for <Data> and make an invoice with InvoiceDate and TargetDate as <Invoice> this is what happens:

Data: Feb
Invoice: Mar
Success

Data: Jan
Invoice: Feb
Error: "The AppliedInvoiceAmount should not be greater than the existing invoice balance."

Data: Jan
Invoice: Jan
Error: "The invoice will not be generated because there are no charges due on this account."

Data: Feb
Invoice: Feb
Error: "The invoice will not be generated because there are no charges due on this account."

This means that you cannot upload data from over a month ago, and successfully invoice it. Is this a bug in Zuora, or is it intentional? Could not find anything relating to this in the docs.

For all test cases the same test setup was used, Usage StartDateTime was set to 10am on the first day of that month, Usage EndDateTime to 11am of the same date; Invoice InvoiceDate and Invoice TargetDate set to the first of their month; account bill cycle day is first of the month.
The product, rate plans and charges are set up correctly, as demonstrated by it working for usage 1 month ago invoicing on this month.

Thanks

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Zuora Support

Re: Invoice Usage which is older than one month

Hi,

Please find below my analysis on the scenario you have reported. yes, you are right Usage is billed in Arrears, hence the Usage uploaded from Jan, will be billed for the Feb billing period. This explains the last two scenarios where the Jan usage was not picked in Jan's bill run only.

However, could you please provide more details on the Error: The AppliedInvoiceAmount should not be greater than the existing invoice balance i.e during which action you got this error.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Valued Scholar

creating the invoice, successful was false and it had that error

Zuora Support

Hi,

Could you please private message me your tenantID and the account for which you are getting the reported error.

Zuora Support

Hi,

I would also like to mention,this error usually means you are creating a payment where the amount trying to apply is greater than the current balance of the invoice. Please let me know further details to better understand your scenario.