Happy Business Starts Here

Valued Scholar

APi to get list of Payments done through paypal

We are looking for an API that returns a list of Payments and assosciated invoice details that are done through a specific method or Paypal in our case.

6 REPLIES 6
Zuora Staff

Re: APi to get list of Payments done through paypal

You could run a data source query (which will mean your query is asynchronous and not synchronous as with most of the API calls) against the InvoicePayment data source. This will allow you to query payments and the associated invoices as well as filter on payment method type, in your case, PayPal. If you haven't use the data source API before it's described here:

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/DC_Developers/SOAP_API/M_Zuora_Object_Query_Language

Valued Scholar

Thank you Richard!

I will test this out and update it here.

Community Manager

Hi @prny90

Were you able to test Richard's solution? Interested in seeing what your results were...

Thanks,

Lana

Lana Lee | Senior Community Manager and Strategist
"A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference." —A. A. Milne
Valued Scholar

@Lana / @Richard : I was succesfully able to retreive data from single table using these objects. I am trying to figure out a way, where I can get data from two data sources in a single call.

Like for example, InvoicePayment as Datasource. I am trying to get the below fields in a single call. This is possible to do the UI (https://apisandbox.zuora.com/apps/DataSource.do?method=showForm&ds=InvoicePayment). trying to figure out a way to do the same using API.

Table Invoice Payment 
 Amount
 Created Date
 ID
 Payment transferred to SAP
 Payment posted in SAP
Table AccountBusinessUnit
 SAP_Customer_number
 Name

Zuora Alumni

You can try create Export ZOQL on InvoicePayment with access to any related objects on InvoicePayment, e.g. Account.

Thanks.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Zuora Staff

Your ZOQL query should be something along the lines of:

select Account.Name, Account.BusinessUnit__c, Account.SAP_Customer_number__c, InvoicePayment.Id, InvoicePayment.Amount, InvoicePayment.CreatedDate ... other IP fields here... from InvoicePayment where ....

Your custom fields all need '__c' (that's two underscores followed by lower case 'c') appended to their name and all the spaces stripped out. You may need to go back into the Custom Field settings panel to look up the 'API Name' for the custom field, it's the API Name that you need to use in the ZOQL query and not the name that appears in the UI. The other thing I always do is to fully qualify the fields names with the object, that's the 'Account.' and 'InvoicePayment.' stuff. 

Give it a try and let us know if you're still struggling.