On November 8th, we hosted our first Workflow Workshop on Managing Close Process via Workflow Orchestrations with Workflow and Platform Product Manager, @Karnbir Singh where he was on-hand to answer questions and collect feedback related to Workflow as well as share product updates.
Karn also shared a Zuora tip on automating month end close with Workflow with the following process:
- Journal Run - created for a specific accounting period close
- Callout - Upon completion of Journal Run, a callout is made from the system to enact a Workflow
- Trigger Workflow - Workflow is kicked off and can complete use case specific month end close tasks
Additional Workflow tips:
- Enable Callouts to close-specific Workflows via Finance Notifications
- Use Callout Parameters to create close operations such as exporting Journal Entries, etc
- Journal Run Status helps drive decisions and conditional statements in your Workflow, which allow you to export JR specific data using the Journal Run Id/Number
The following video short goes more into these best practices more in-depth along with the presentation:
Our next Workflow Workshop will be in January 2023 and if you have any questions or topics covered, please let us know in the comments below.
About Community Workshops
Community Workshops are excellent opportunities for Zuora users of all skill levels to collaboratively work together to solve common challenges with the guidance of a Zuora subject matter expert and the support of your peers. Not only will you be able to hear how others are using Zuora, but it is also a great chance to share tips of your own. View the Community Calendar to see what’s coming up and Subscribe to the Community News to receive email notifications about new sessions.