On August 10th, the Zuora Community hosted a Finance Best Practice workshop with Zuora Finance and Revenue expert Monique Romero where she shared some tips on Revenue Recognition with Zuora Billing.
The Community workshop recording was shared with attendees. If you weren’t able to attend, check out these best practices to follow from her presentation:
- Why align your GL chart of accounts with Zuora chart of accounts?
- What to do when your Revenue and AR been out of balance at end of month?
- Why is it a good practice to check Revenue Rules first?
- What is the difference between Billing and Revenue?
- How does a Revenue Rule impact my AR?
- What are best practices in setting the Revenue Rule transaction date?
- How to not recognize revenue before the transaction occurs? What will the journal entries look like?
- How to recognize revenue over the recognition term? What will the journal entries look like?
Learn More Finance Best Practices
Get answers to your questions in the Finance area in the Zuora Community where you can discover more best practices like learning how to close your books faster and also walkthrough videos on how to restate your accounting codes.
About Community Table Talks
Table Talks are collaborative Zuora Community events where customers have the opportunity to connect with Zuora experts along with other users. Each month, the community hosts a new Table Talk on different topics from APIs to Zuora Revenue. View the Community Calendar to see what’s coming up and Subscribe to the Community News to receive announcements for new sessions.