Release Notifications

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Zuora Application Release 230: August 2018

• 1.  Zuora Application Release 230: August 2018

Posted 08-08-2018 22:04

We are pleased to announce the Zuora Release 230 (August 2018 Release)!

Planned release windows are listed below:

• EU APISandbox release: from 8/8/2018 (Wednesday) PT to 8/13/2018 (Monday) PT
    • US APISandbox release: from 8/8/2018 (Wednesday) PT to 8/13/2018 (Monday) PT
    • EU Production release: from 8/15/2018 (Wednesday) PT to 8/20/2018 (Monday) PT
    • US Production release: from 8/15/2018 (Wednesday) PT to 8/20/2018 (Monday) PT

No service disruption is expected for this release.

#Announcement

• 2.  Zuora Application Release 230: August 2018

Posted 08-09-2018 05:57

Hi - Is there an easy way to tell which release an instance is on please?  If not could a field be added to the Tenant Profile in Admin setup that gives the currently running version - otherwise we have to guess in the window as to when we're switched over?

• 3.  Zuora Application Release 230: August 2018

Posted 08-09-2018 06:21

Hi Nigel,

Currently there is no field in Tenant Profile to tell which release version application is on. You can refer to this page https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/AA_Whats_New/F_Version_Info for release version information. And after release is successfully deployed on Sandbox or Production, message will be posted under the article too.

Thanks,

Li

• 4.  Zuora Application Release 230: August 2018

Posted 08-09-2018 06:30

Thanks for the confimation @Jiangli - would it be possible to request such a field to be added for release 231? Smiley Happy

• 5.  Zuora Application Release 230: August 2018

Posted 08-09-2018 06:35

Thanks Li for the update although I think Nigel's question was "can a field be added" that would tell us when the release is on OUR tenant. 

Perhaps you can clarify something that could help. In the release notifications (to which I'm now subscribed) it says that the release will be deployed any time between Wed and Monday. (EU APISandbox release: from 8/8/2018 (Wednesday) PT to 8/13/2018 (Monday)). 

I had taken this to mean that it doesn't go out to all EU sandboxes at the same time but rather rolled out across the period of several days. If that is the case having something that tells us what version our tenant is on seems sensible. Have I understood correctly how the releases are rolled out?

Your response above asks us to check on the single public web page for if the release is live, but this clashes with the idea that it doesn't go out to ALL tenants at the same time. Does the webpage get updated when ALL tenants are updated?

We are waiting on a bug fix in this release and it would be good to test this as soon as it's on OUR tenant. If we can test that today, I'd rather not wait until Monday when all tenants are updated (and presumably the above webpage is updated).

However I appreciate I may have misunderstood the roll out process so would appreciate clarification.

Thanks

• 6.  Zuora Application Release 230: August 2018

Posted 08-09-2018 21:28

Is there no release notes?
    I would like to know the updated content.

• 7.  Zuora Application Release 230: August 2018

Posted 08-09-2018 22:46

Hi Trixabelle and Nigel,

A field which repsents current application release version can be added in Tetent Profile technically I think. You can post this idea into community "Admin & Settings Ideas" or contact our product management group to prioritize this requirement into later releases.

Current release rollout process is it is go out to all tenants at the same time. When I post message under this article like "Release XXX is deployed on Sandbox environments" it means all tenants in Sandbox environments are on this release version. 

I provided a timerange for Sandbox and Production release because a successful release is depending on many conditions and criterias, the release is confident in the post timerange, but it does not means the release is taking several days, it is still release within one day, same as before.

If you are waiting for a bug fixing in this release, you can go ahead testing when I post message under this article "release 230 is deployed on Sandbox environment". Currently release 230 is not on Sandbox yet.

Thanks,

Li

• 8.  Zuora Application Release 230: August 2018

Posted 08-09-2018 22:50

Hi Takagi,

Release notes is only published after release is successfully delivered on Sandbox environment. Release 230 is not on Sandbox yet, I will post the release notes link when I post release 230 successfuly on Sandbox message under this article.

Thanks,

Li

• 9.  Zuora Application Release 230: August 2018

• 10.  Zuora Application Release 230: August 2018

Posted 08-10-2018 04:59

Thanks @Jiangli for the extra context. That makes more sense (ie that you give a time range because you aren't sure when it will be ready to go rather than because it is rolled out to different sandboxes over that time period). In that case looking out for your notification of release makes more sense. 

• 11.  Zuora Application Release 230: August 2018

Posted 08-10-2018 12:08
    Release 230 was successfully deployed to EU and US Sandbox. 

Release Notes for release 230 are avaialble on our Knowledge Center soon

• 12.  Zuora Application Release 230: August 2018

Posted 08-16-2018 04:45

Release 230 was deployed to EU and US Production successfully.