Happy Business Starts Here

Relax conditions under which updates to subscriptions date can be done

Currently Subscriptions date (CED, SAD, CAD) can be updated both in the UI and through API as long as there's no amendment (and it's not been billed yet).

This is a bit restrictive in some cases, and in particular in this one: the subscription is activated, unbilled yet, and transferred to another account. Then on the new owning account, it's impossible ti update the dates...In orde to do so, the transfer amendment has to be deleted, the subscription updated, and a new transfer amendment re-created.

In a context where data must be audited, deletion of objects should not be permitted... and here we are in a situation where we have no other choice...

The proposal is to relax conditions under which update of subscription dates can be performed.

2 Comments
Master

I voted for this Idea! I have also suffered from this problem.

As @Emmanuel wrote, even if no billing has been made, we can not change the three dates if Amendment is created.
It was also written here:
https://community.zuora.com/t5/Billing-Payments/Change-Contract-Effective-Date-in-UI/m-p/16811/threa...
> Contract Effective Date can be changed in Zuora UI if the followings are true.
> The subscription has not been invoiced yet.
> The subscripton has no amendment (ie., still in version 1).

Master

To @Emmanuel

Why do you want to change Subscriptions date?
If you want to change the Subscriptions date to change the start date of billing, I can show work around I adopted.

Example:
  Suppose that Trigger Condition of RatePlanCharge is "Upon Customer Acceptance" and CAD is set to 2017/09/01.
  After executing Amendment(Type = OwnerTransfer), I want to change the start date of billing to 2017/10/01

Work around:
  The Trigger Condition of RatePlanCharge can be changed if it has not been invoiced yet.
  In the example above, I change Trigger Condition from "Upon Customer Acceptance" to "SpecificDate" and set "2017/10/01".

This change is Update, not Amendment (Type = Update Production). When operating from the UI, do as shown in the figure below.

updateTriggerCondition01.png

updateTriggerCondition02.png