Happy Business Starts Here

Attach Past Due Invoices with Account Past Due Notification

Attach Past Due Invoices with Account Past Due Notification

Feature Request: Ability to attach past due invoices with "Invoices Past Due, Account Summary Default Email Template"

Business Need:

1. By attaching the invoices past due in the notification, speeds up the process for customers to pay for past due invoice as they do not have to locate the invoices separately.

6 Comments
Zuora-Community
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Kstahl
Honor Student

Can you please let me know how this was implemented? We are using the invoice past due, account summary to send out our past due invoices.  I see that the ability to attach the pdf invoice has only been added to the feature of invoice due - 30 days past due, which does not help us as this only sends 1 past due notices, and then not again... We often have customers who have not paid after 30 days past due and we need to send past due notices every 30 days until they pay.  Is this going to be implemented for the invoice past due, account summary?   Thank you

feisley
Guru

I presume that the attachment was not added to the "Invoices Past Due, Account Summary" notification because there could be many past due invoices and there would be more than one attachment. But I agree that this would probably be a useful addition to that notification.

As to accomplishing your goal with the current toolset... You can add multiple "Invoice Due" notifications. For example, 30 days, 60 days 90 days, 120 days, etc, etc. Presumably at some point you have a threshold where an unpaid invoice is written or charged off (i.e. to collections) and the account/subscription is closed for non payment. But this solution would let you send notifications for any number of days past due. You could even get more agressive after a certain number of days... For example send on 30, 60, 75, 80, 85, 90 days past due.

Hope this helps!

Kstahl
Honor Student

Thank you that does help for a further explanation, but unfortunately we have multiple customers that get billed for different services around the same time, so we would like to avoid sending separate emails for each of their invoices becomming past due, this is why we like to use the past due notification so it will summarize all invoices on the account.  I recently attended the Zuora conference in San Fran and was mistakenly told that multiple pdf invoices could be attached to that email template.  Is this something I should start a new idea for, so it doesn't get lost in comments? 

thanks! 

feisley
Guru

Yea, i would make a new idea and describe the difference of what you need and the use case behind it (basically what you just commented).

Reference it from here so I can upvote it 🙂

Kristina
Newly Enrolled

Has there been any update here? We are in a similar situation where we would like to attached all past due invoices to an e-mail to speed up customer payments and reduce the amount of inboud questions. 

We really need the functionality to attached all invoices to an e-mail.