On April 22, 2021 our Finance SMEs led a discussion on Best Practices for Keeping your Books Balanced:
- Monique Romero, @monique, Customer Success Manager
- Chris Hemenway, @ChrisH, Sales Engineer Manager
- Serg Martinez, @Serg, Customer Success Architect
- Yvonne Zhu, @Yvonne, Technical Support Engineer
We shared some of Finances Greatest Hits in the Community such as How to do Usage Accruals in Zuora Billing and also reviewed payment accounting codes, revenue redistribution using mass updater tool and reconciling the payments and gateway report.
Below is our presentation, recordings and questions from each session. If you have any additional questions, please ask below.
SESSION #1 VIDEO
- Timing of when to close off the period and interplay with account rules and audit trail and back-up
- Managing chart of accounts and accounting codes especially with multiple bank accounts
- Monthly closing
- I am interested in the background / follow-up processes - what happens in Zuora after my invoicing
SESSION #2 VIDEO
- Best practice in reconciling payment gateway receipts to bank.
- Aligning foreign exchange rates in Zuora to Netsuite
- Flagging the Recurring Billing Indicator
Here are some of the supportive articles shared in session #2:
We also shared upcoming events like a Month End Closing Co-working Session each month starting in May. Stay tuned for more details!