View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Reinvented User Interface!

• 1.  Reinvented User Interface!

Posted 02-24-2022 17:18
    Edited by Zuora Release Management 02-24-2022 22:17

Introducing Reinvented List Views

Overview 

Zuora is excited to introduce the next generation of its user experience. As part of the 2022.03.R1 release, users will notice a modern user interface across all Billing List Views. Users can filter by additional columns, and the filter and sort preferences will persist throughout the user's session. This feature will be rolled out in batches starting February 25th, it will be available to all users two weeks after the first release date. 

Users have the ability to opt out of the new look by disabling the feature flag in their user profile. If users decide to disable the feature flag, the application UI will revert to the legacy view. We encourage users to familiarize themselves with the new look and feel as our goal is to eventually make the new look the default. 

Shortly after this release, we'll introduce UI Labs under the new look. UI Labs will allow users to choose their density settings, enable/disable dark mode, and eventually configure their views. 

Feature Flag 

The reinvented list views are only accessible to users who have the "New Style" feature flag enabled. This feature flag is located in the Profile settings under "Manage Your Profile" 

If a user disables the "New Style" flag, the UI will be reverted to the legacy UI. As we move towards a modern UI, access to the legacy views will eventually be disabled for all users. 

Legacy UI 

Zuora Release [2022.03.R1]

In this release, the new list views will support the following features:

Enhanced List View Filters 

• Users can now filter by the columns displayed in the list view as well as additional fields that are related to that object. 
    • All list views will have a predefined set of filters displayed in the table header. If the user wants to filter by additional fields, they can click on the "+ More" button, which will display a list of additional filters.
    • Users can add multiple filters in a single list view. Currently, the binding filter criteria only supports "AND," and soon, we'll be supporting "OR" as well. 

Persisting List View Preferences 

• The filter and sort criteria the user adds to the list views will persist throughout the user's session. 
    • Filter and Sort criteria will be reset to the default once the user logs out or closes their browser. 

Release Limitations 

• Users who have Data Access Control enabled will not have access to the new UI until further notice. Our team is actively working towards supporting users who have this feature enabled. 
    • If you don't see see the replatformed list views in your tenant by March 14th, please contact support. 

Release Timeline 

Release Number

Release Date

Environment 

2022.03.R1

No earlier than Feb 25, 2022

All Sandbox 

A month after the sandbox release date 

All Production 

------------------------------
    Azucena Araujo | Product Management, Platform
    Zuora

• 2.  RE: Reinvented User Interface!

Posted 02-25-2022 00:23

Good news that we finally we get rid of those old MS-DOS style in concrete casted views....but
    Persisting List View Preferences 
    The filter and sort criteria the user adds to the list views will persist throughout the user's session. 
    Filter and Sort criteria will be reset to the default once the user logs out or closes their browser. 
    Azucena Araujo,  02-24-2022 16:58
    Really ? Really ???  Only persistent during the user's session ??? So each time when I logon at the start of the day of when switching between tenants, I have to recreate my views all over again? In 2022 ??

BR
    Manfred

Manfred Sonsma
    Subscription Factory BV

• 3.  RE: Reinvented User Interface!

Posted 02-25-2022 07:25
    Manfred Sonsma I second your opinion. The new UI changes hypothetically should have been an improvement, but are actually a step back which will worsen the user experience. Additionally, the new UI view displays the accounts, invoices, payments data with a font size 3x larger than before. If before I could see over 25-30 accounts on one page for example, now the view shows approx. 10. The only way to change this view is to resize/zoom the browser page, which then all else on the page shrinks. The font size between the side bar and the data outputs should be the same or on par. Once you deep dive into an account, e.g view the account landing page, subscriptions, individual invoices etc. this experience worsens. Great for people who need nearsighted glasses, but bad for 20/20 vision people.

Aleksandra Savkovic

• 4.  RE: Reinvented User Interface!

Posted 02-26-2022 09:54
    Edited by Azucena Araujo 02-28-2022 17:36

Hi, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Our goal is to provide users with a modern and consistent look and feel across the application. We acknowledge there is still a lot of room for improvement, and we encourage our users to be part of this journey as we continue to improve our UI and make necessary changes based on your feedback. 

The release of the reinvented list views is the first phase towards our long-term UI vision. As part of our roadmap, we will introduce UI Labs, which will only be available to users with the new style enabled. Under UI Labs, users will be able to choose their density settings (default, comfortable, and compact), enable/disable dark mode, and configure their views, so users don't have to recreate their views every time they start a new session.

Before each major release, I will share updates with the community so everyone is aware of the features we'll be releasing to the environments. We encourage users to try out the reinvented user interface and share additional feedback by filling out this form.

Azucena Araujo
    Zuora

• 5.  RE: Reinvented User Interface!

Posted 02-28-2022 10:24
    Hi @Azucena Araujo, Could I have permission to access the google form provided in your comment above?  I'd like to provide some feedback on the new UI. Thanks!​

Erin Havens
    Financial Systems Administrator
    ConstructConnect
    Cincinnati OH

• 6.  RE: Reinvented User Interface!

Posted 02-28-2022 10:57
    Edited by Azucena Araujo 02-28-2022 17:25

Hi Erin,

Really nice to hear from you. I've updated the permissions on the feedback form; please give it another try. 

Looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks, 

Azucena Araujo
    Zuora

• 7.  RE: Reinvented User Interface!

Posted 03-23-2022 09:38
    Hi Azucena,

For security reasons, our organization has blocked access google sheets. Is there another way we can provide feedback on the UI?

Thanks,
    Katie

Katie Soldink
    Jack Henry

• 8.  RE: Reinvented User Interface!

Posted 03-23-2022 10:42
    I just tried. I have the same issue.

Reinvented UI Feedback Form
    You can't respond to Reinvented UI Feedback Form. Uploading files is not permitted when data loss prevention is enabled for your domain. Contact your domain administrator if you think this is a mistake.

David Grayson
    Classy

• 9.  RE: Reinvented User Interface!

Posted 03-23-2022 12:02
    Hi David, Katie, and anyone else unable to submit the Feedback Form:

Thank you for your time and feedback! We appreciate it and hope to make our product better for you. If you're unable to submit the form, please feel free to provide your feedback directly to our Product Manager: Azucena Araujo at aaraujo@zuora.com.

Apurva Desai
    Zuora

• 10.  RE: Reinvented User Interface!

Posted 03-23-2022 12:03
    Hi David, Katie, and anyone else unable to submit the Feedback Form:

Thank you for your time and feedback! We appreciate it and hope to make our product better for you. If you're unable to submit the form, please feel free to provide your feedback directly to our Product Manager: Azucena Araujo at aaraujo@zuora.com

Apurva Desai
    Zuora

• 11.  RE: Reinvented User Interface!

Posted 02-26-2022 09:54

OMG In just 3 clicks......

Manfred Sonsma
    Subscription Factory BV

• 12.  RE: Reinvented User Interface!

Posted 02-28-2022 17:36

Hi Manfred, 

Thank you for pointing this out. Our team was able to identify the root cause and is actively working on a fix. I will notify you once the fix is released to sandbox. 

Regards,

Azucena Araujo
    Zuora

• 13.  RE: Reinvented User Interface!

Posted 02-28-2022 12:22
    conceptually I love this new interface, but I do not have custom fields within the drop down.  Unfortunately, we have a customer ID that we use across multiple platforms that we use when discussing clients. With this change I can no longer search via the field that. So I guess I need to download a lookup table of about 7000 businesses with that custom field and the Zuora ID and reference it every time I want to use the UI? 

I hope I am missing something. Even if I have to hard code a limited number of fields in a setting somewhere... I could live with that.

David Grayson
    Classy

• 14.  RE: Reinvented User Interface!

Posted 02-28-2022 17:26

Hi David,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The reinvented list views support filtering on custom fields, but it sounds like the custom field you're looking for is not available in the list view. 

In this form, can you please share the name of the custom field and the list(s) where you expect to filter by this field? Once I get that information, I'll request the support team to create a ticket so we can follow up with you on the resolution. 

Regards, 

Azucena Araujo
    Zuora

• 15.  RE: Reinvented User Interface!

Posted 03-02-2022 11:12
    Edited by Lana Lee 03-05-2022 08:46
    No... completely remove Search???  For organizations with custom fields, we can no longer search by these custom fields where we could with the previous search functionality (i.e. my organization does not use the Subscription Number field, we have a different ID field for our subscriptions).  Now we only have the option of pre-set fields, with no option to add a new custom field.  

Sorry, but we'll be forced to continue using Legacy until this is fixed :(

TYLER ACKRIVO
    Ntirety

• 16.  RE: Reinvented User Interface!

Posted 03-03-2022 00:35
    Same for our company. Not being able to search for values in our customfields is a dealbreaker.

Linus Liljeström
    Schibsted

• 17.  RE: Reinvented User Interface!

Posted 03-03-2022 02:10
    I found the UI a bit confusing but as always it takes time to adapt etc, and I think the filtering part could be useful - BUT as many has already stated, the search option for custom fields is something we use on a daily basis and not having some supported custom fields will not work for us.

Victor Melkersson
    Schibsted

• 18.  RE: Reinvented User Interface!

Posted 03-03-2022 02:55
    Hi

The problem I have with the new UI design is that Zuora has no vision in which direction to go. If you look through the entire Zuora UI you see a mix of different List Views UI being used: Legacy, Order, Reports, Custom objects ( configurable UI ) , Workflow etc Looks like each development team within Zuora has its own idea and blank cheque about list views, UI and which technology to use. 

I think that the Reinvented List View starting point should be the selection/filtering functionality provided by the Zuora Report Runner.  That is one can pre-define multiple views with specific sets of columns and filter conditions or create an adhoc filter/column selection on the fly with a save-as option extended with a search any field option and options to sort the result on multiple columns. And support for joins would also be nice ( to pull in related (custom) objects ).

BR
    Manfred

Manfred Sonsma
    Subscription Factory BV

• 19.  RE: Reinvented User Interface!

Posted 03-03-2022 12:04
    You can search on custom fields, but currently only on Indexed custom fields. 
    Sadly one of the ones we search on most often isn't indexed.

David Grayson
    Classy

• 20.  RE: Reinvented User Interface!

Posted 03-04-2022 07:20

Thank you everyone for taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback on the reinvented list views. Your feedback has helped us prioritize the must-have functionality in the list views. Our goal is to provide our users with a modern, functional, and consistent UI across the application. 

As part of Zuora's UI roadmap, we will introduce UI Labs where users will have the ability to choose between two density settings, default and compact. Zuora strives to be an inclusive company and is focused on being WCAG 2.1 compliant. Hence, the slight increase in width and font size. There's lots of work that needs to be done, but we're making consistent progress towards reaching this goal. 

Additionally, under UI Labs, users will have the ability to enable dark mode and configure their views by adding, removing, and reordering fields in the list and detail view.

We're committed to our vision and truly appreciate this community of users who are actively keeping us honest and helping us build an amazing UI. Soon, we will reach out to the community for volunteers who would like to be part of this journey by providing us real-time feedback in our Design Partner Group… stay tuned for more details coming soon. 

Per the requests listed in this thread, our team is actively working on supporting filtering on custom fields and introducing a search bar so users can search across fields in the list views. These enhancements will be released in the upcoming weeks. Please see the release schedule listed above for more details.

Q&A

"Will users be able to filter by custom fields?"

Yes, our team has completed development on this feature and will be releasing it to sandbox on March 7th. As part of this release, users will have the ability to search across indexed custom fields. We are working towards allowing users to search on non-indexed fields, it's coming soon. 

"Will we be able to search fields in the list views?" 

Yes, users will be able to search across string fields in the list views, including custom fields.

"Why is the font and width so big?" 

Our goal is to provide all our users with a delightful experience. We strive to be an inclusive company. Therefore, we're working towards our application being WCAG 2.1 AA compliant. We have a long way to go, but we're making consistent progress towards reaching this goal. 

"Are we being forced to move to a reinvented UI?" 

No, but we highly encourage users to get comfortable with the reinvented views as they eventually become the default. That's why it's really helpful when users provide feedback so we can make informed decisions on the areas we need to improve and prioritize. 

Release Schedule for Upcoming Enhancements  

Feature

Date

Release Version

Filtering on Indexed Custom Fields

March 8th, 2022

2022.03.R3

Mass Order Entry on Subscription List View

March 8th, 2022

2022.03.R3

Search on List Views

March 15th, 2022

2022.03.R4

Best Regards,

Azucena Araujo
    Zuora

• 21.  RE: Reinvented User Interface!

Posted 03-23-2022 09:16
    I don't mind the new UI. However there needs to be an option to filter down to the "Current" product catalog. The old UI gave us an option to view only the current catalog, the new UI I do not have an option to filter by current...I can only enter an effective end date and that is not helpful. Can you please consider adding an option for "current" under product catalog? As a Salesforce admin this is a must filter for us when we have Salesforce sandbox refreshes and have to reconnect our Zuora sandbox/catalog.

Shannon Wilson
    OnShift

• 22.  RE: Reinvented User Interface!

Posted 03-23-2022 12:25

Hi Shannon

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback! We agree that the convenience of Quick Filters like "Current Products" is more user friendly than having to determine the Effective Date filter yourself. The concept of Quick Filters is a feature that the team will look into designing soon. As we plan the next set of features, Quick Filters will be among them and we hope to provide you with an update shortly!

Azucena Araujo
    Zuora