Hi @nVoq4775 -
If this is the case, you can set the 'Invoice the Subscription Separately' option for that subscription to 'Yes'. When you complete the Bill Run for that customer, ensure the Bill Run Processing Rule 'Auto-Post documents upon completion of the Bill Run' is set to 'No'.
When the draft invoices for that account are generated, you can post the Invoice for that subscription once you have confirmed the results are as you expect. As for the other draft invoices that are not ready to be billed yet, you can can cancel those out. You also have the option to leave them in draft and they will be appended with an updated amount when you do the next Bill Run.
... View more
Below are the high-level steps to configure Zuora to work with Avalara:
Submit a ticket to Support in order to gain access to this feature (currently in Limited Availability).
1. Set up Connections to Avalara: add Avalara as a tax engine in your Zuora tenant and set up the connection
2. Configure Tax Codes in Zuora Billing: create tax codes in Zuora and associate them with your tax codes in Avalara
3. Associate Avalara Tax Codes with Product Rate Plan Charges: set the Taxable flag on the charge in order to display the Tax Codes. Choose the applicable Tax Code to use for that product
Note** this only needs to be done in the Product Catalog; a mass-amendment of subscriptions is not required
Step 3 Video
4. Configure your Tenant Profile & Permissions: set origin address in Zuora and verify this address for compatibility in Avalara. Add Company Codes and additional origin addresses. Disable the Cancel Posted Invoice permission.
Note** all addresses require a Country; for US and Canada a State is required
5. Create Tax Exemptions: specify whether a customer account is tax exempt or not tax exempt
After completing testing in Sandbox, enable and test in Production.
... View more
Before we dive into some if/then scenarios, let’s review the components of Zuora’s Product Catalog.
Product Catalog: where you define your products and pricing. Each company has one product catalog that contains all the products that they sell.
Defines the billing behavior you want for the products or services you sell
Each product in the product catalog represents a product or service
Within Zuora’s Product Catalog consists 3 tiers for billing:
Product: the item or service available for purchase
Products capture your offerings and help with reporting
Products in Zuora are often ‘services’ that people or companies subscribe to
Rate Plan: the billing frequency and price points available
Rate Plans define what a customer can purchase
Rate Plan Charge: the charges or fees for each rate plan
Considerations when Modifying your Product Catalog
If you are…. Continuing to offer the same service at a new price point or price model
Then… Add another Rate Plan
Billing Considerations: use appropriate billing frequency and price model, as needed (e.g., flat fee instead of per unit)
If you are… Creating an add-on to an existing product that not everyone will buy
Then… Add a new Product
Billing Considerations: align the rate plans to the existing product
If you are… Making an existing product available at a discount for a period
Then… Add a New Rate Plan
Billing Considerations: Zuora’s discount charge model allows you to specify the discount and duration
... View more