gkats-butter
Newly Enrolled

Callouts not firing in sandbox (or how can I effectively test callouts)

Hello,

I have an apisandbox.zuora.com (Zuora test drive) account.

I log in to the UI, go to Settings->Payments->Setup Profiles, Notifications and Email Templates and configure the Payment failed and Payment processed notifications with Callout delivery. I've set up the callout base URL to a working URL (accessible via the internet). I've set the callout content type to application/json and explicitly left the authorization settings unchecked. I checked the two notifications as Active. I've attached a screenshot of my settings.

I'm trying to find a way to test some callouts and check out the request bodies. Is there a way to do this?

I tried creating a new payment from the UI (Payments->Create payment) but no notification was triggered.

What's the best way to test callouts?

Thank you.

sbaranidharan
Senior Tutor

Re: Callouts not firing in sandbox (or how can I effectively test callouts)

Hi,

Check the communication profile for that account.

Based on the communication profile only notification will be triggered.

Thanks and Regards

Santhosh

View solution in original post

gkats-butter
Newly Enrolled

Hi @sbaranidharan

Thanks for your reply. I was able to trigger the callouts once I configured the notifications under the "Default profile".

However, I'm getting an empty request body with the callout. This is what I get:

{
  "webhook": {}
}

Do you know if there's anything I'm doing wrong, or is it simply that Zuora Sandbox triggers empty callouts?

msonsma
Valued Scholar

Hi 

You must manually select the parameters you want to include in your call-out body otherwise you end up with a empty body.

Check: https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/Central_Platform/Events_and_Notifications/C_Create_Notifications

And use the Preview button to get a preview/sample of notification body send to the configured endpoint URL.

I guess the response body you included is the one logged by your endpoint as "webhook" is not something that is send by Zuora.

Manfred

View solution in original post

gkats-butter
Newly Enrolled

@msonsma @sbaranidharan Thank you both for your responses.

It all makes sense now. 

I learned that:
- Callouts are triggered from the default communication profile.
- You have to manually configure which data source fields you want to include in each callout when you edit it.