Re: Quick question - Is there a way to export the summary format version of a report ?
@feisley Your use case may be solved by sharing only certain reports so that users with the View Reports Only role get a curated view. I grabbed the following snippet from the new Reporting Knowledge Center page: Roles and Permissions. Access to the Z-billing page is granted by other permissions that you would have to add explicitly to the user.
View Reports Only Role
Users that have only the 'View Reports' permission receive a more limited set of functionality in Reporting:
- View Reporting
- View all shared reports
- Mark shared reports as favorites
- Run all shared reports
- Enter filter conditions at runtime for shared reports enabled with parameterized filter values
- View shared report results
- Export shared report results to CSV file
- Schedule run of shared reports
The user with only View Reports permission will not be able to:
- Create, modify, move, unshare, or delete reports
- Create, modify, or move folders
On your last note, that would be a nice addition. Currently Reporting can either share reports or keep them private. Creating a separate group permission for just members of Team X or Y is not yet available. Hmmm, but you could schedule a report to run and send the results of your private report to an exclusive group of team members.