What is Subscribed and what is the Subscribed Hackathon?
Zuora makes a subscription management platform for subscription businesses like Box, Nest, Spotify, The Economist, GoPro, and more. Our annual Subscribed conference (April 12-13) brings together thought leaders from all industries to share and learn how business models are being reinvented.
This year, in addition to being joined by astronaut Scott Kelly who just returned from his year in space, we’re also hosting an on-site hackathon and we’d like to invite you to compete! The Subscribed Hackathon is a chance for developers and entrepreneurs like yourself to bring a new subscription business idea to life. Whether you offer cloud storage, helicopters as a service, we want to hear from you!
What are Hackathon finalists expected to build?
Finalists will build unique and engaging experiences on the Zuora platform using our APIs. These experiences can include anything from building a unique e-commerce storefront and checkout process to a self-service subscription portal to a unique payment submission process. Anything that leverages the power of the Zuora platform and Zuora APIs.
Finalists invited to Subscribed 2016 will receive:
- Grand Prize: 1 year of Zuora Growth Edition + $5,000 in cash
- Accommodations at Hilton Union Square in San Francisco
- Attendance for 3 to the Subscribed Conference
- An epic party (don’t let it take you off your A-game!)
- Option to present your project on stage in front of thousands of attendees.
- Network with investors, industry experts, and thought leaders from a variety of industries.
- March 10 – March 30: Teams submit applications to be invited to the on-site hackathon
- April 1: We will announce 3 finalists who will attend Subscribed for the on-site hackathon
- April 11th – April 13th: Finalists will arrive in San Francisco and build their proposed solutions over the 3 days of Subscribed
- April 13th: A winner is announced on stage at Subscribed!
We are accepting applications until 11:59pm PST on Wednesday March 30, 2016. Apply Today!
Learn more about our APIs by clicking here.
Note: The winning team will receive 1 year on Zuora Growth Edition with an included $1M USD in transaction volume with access to Zuora for Salesforce and Revenue Recognition add-ons (Valued at $40,000 USD). Winning team will also receive a cash prize of $5,000 USD. Purhcases of any additional services or add-ons will be the responsibility of the winning team. After 1 year of service, the winning team will be required to pay for any successive years.