Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Valued Scholar

zuora quote : Amend Scenaio

Hi,

I have follwoing use case for Amendments 

1. Create a new quote and submit to zuora for 1 year i.e. 1st June 2019 to 31st May 2020
  2. Run invoice
  3. Post invoice
  4. Now create an amendment quote to existing subscription created in step 1, change it to 1st Jan 2020 to 31st December 2020
  5. Un-post invoice created in step#3
  6. Create credit note for #1
  7. Re-run invoice and post for step#4, check why invoice is not getting created.

The observation is, if we are not chaning the contract date , system is not creating an invoice, also I am sure this is a valid scenario in business in zuora world we have to create a manual creidt note, there is no way system will know and calcalte proration amount for credit note when we run billing in step#7.

Thanx,

Chirag

6 REPLIES 6
Support SME

Re: zuora quote : Amend Scenaio

Hi @chiragjha We will test on our end and share the update here. Thanks

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Zuora Support

Hi @chiragjha I carried tests in my test tenant and below is my observations on same in bold)

1. Create a new quote and submit to zuora for 1 year i.e. 1st June 2019 to 31st May 2020
  2. Run invoice
  3. Post invoice
  4. Now create an amendment quote to existing subscription created in step 1, change it to 1st Jan 2020 to 31st December 2020
  5. Un-post invoice created in step#3
  6. Create credit note for #1
    (cannot create credit note if Invoice is not Posted)
  7. Re-run invoice and post for step#4, check why invoice is not getting created.
    In my case an invoice is generated, I gave target date as: 01/06/2020.

Valued Scholar

Hi Jyoti,

Thank you for testing and response.

Your obsevation is correct, bill gets created if you give date 1/6/2019, but b'cos customer wnats new invoice with new start and end date proratted invoice will not work.

I assume in Step#4 you change term date to 1/1/2020 , but when you see the newly created subscription you will see start date from 1/6/2019 and end data 1/1/2021. 

What customer is looking for is complete new bill with new start date and end date, in this case we have to either cancel first invoice and let system calulate proration and adjust with new cycle  as per Term

OR

We create a credit memeo  before step#4 and then do Amend and then system then should start it with 1/1/2020 till 31/12/2020, but i don't get this result just by chanfing "Term Start" date in either case.

Regards,

Chirag

Zuora Support

@chiragjha can you please raise a support ticket for this specific scenario, as I would need to enagage with our billing experts to review this further.

Valued Scholar

Hi Jyoti,

Created new ticket for the same.

Your request (#195189) has been updated.

Reply to this email or click the link below:
https://zuora.zendesk.com/agent/tickets/195189

Valued Scholar

Hi All,

I did bunch of test and best option is below. 

1. Create an account with “X” product with “T1” term set to 12 month , 1st June 2019
  2. Run billing and post
  3. Now create a new order and this time select “Modify Existing Subscription” and perform following steps.
    1. Remove existing product effective from Original start date, 1st June 2019
    2. Add same “X” product with “T2” term set to 12 month and 1st Jan 2020 as start date
    3. Activate new order
  4. Now run billing using todays date, this step will create “Credit Memo” for Product created in step#1.
  5. Then post the credit memo
  6. Then Apply credit memo to invoice created in step#2
  7. Now run billing for target date as per step#3.b
  8. Invoice is now created with full new term only.

In above test we are not creating credit memo manually, no old product proration isuse , we are also not creating new subscription but under same subscription we are removing and adding same products with different Term details. 

Thanx,

Chirag