Happy Business Starts Here

"You have exceeded the maximum number of parameters in the Where clause." error with amendment quote

Highlighted
Zuora Support

"You have exceeded the maximum number of parameters in the Where clause." error with amendment quote

When creating an Amendment Quote, after selecting the billing account and subscription screen and clicking on "Next" button, the following error occurs.

ZQSubscriptionMgr.getquoteplancharges: Get quote charge from Z-Billing failed.:zqu.zApi.zApiException:Server Exception: <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?><soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><soapenv:Body><soapenv:Fault xmlns:fns="http://fault.api.zuora.com/"><faultcode>fns:MALFORMED_QUERY</faultcode><faultstring>You have exceeded the maximum number of parameters in the Where clause.</faultstring><detail><fns:MalformedQueryFault><fns:FaultCode>MALFORMED_QUERY</fns:FaultCode><fns:FaultMessage>You have exceeded the maximum number of parameters in the Where clause.</fns:FaultMessage></fns:MalformedQueryFault></detail></soapenv:Fault></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>:(zqu) 
Error is in expression '{!theOptions}' in component <zqu:propertycomponent> in component zqu:propertycomponent

What is the root cause and how can I resolve it? 

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Support

Re: "You have exceeded the maximum number of parameters in the Where clause." error with a

When an Amendment Quote is created, a query is run to gather data of all rate plan charges belonged to the subscription that is being amended.  The error indicates that the number of filters used in the query has exceeded 200 filters (which is the maximum number of filters per query allowed by Zuora at the moment).

In order to exceed 200 filters, the subscription would need to have more than 99 rate plans.  Therefore, to avoid the issue you can keep the number of rate plans per subscription to 99 or fewer.  For a subscription that has 100 rate plans or more, you can make the amendment directly in Zuora or break the subscription into two different subscriptions which each has a smaller number (ie., ≤ 99) of rate plans.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √