Happy Business Starts Here

Re: invoices cannot be generated in a closed period. Please enter another invoice date

Master

invoices cannot be generated in a closed period. Please enter another invoice date

I get this message when I try to send to quote to zuora.  However my periods are open.  Any ideas?

Displaying image.png

Capture.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Re: invoices cannot be generated in a closed period. Please enter another invoice date

Hi @mpastore,

I am not able to see the first screenshot which I think it's the detail of the message you got when sending to Z-Billing.

Can you resent it?

Thanks.

Dennis

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Master

Here is the first screen shot.

image (13).png

Zuora Alumni

Hi mpastore, 

I see that our agent is working with you on a Support ticket on this. She is awaitng your response. Thank you!

Zuora Support

The error indicates that the quote metrics are failed to calculate because the quote's Invoice Target Date falls into a Closed Accounting Period.  Here are the scenarios in which the error can happen.

• Invoice Target Date is set to a date in a closed accounting period.
  • Invoice Target Date is blank.  In this case it is set based on the value of Start Date and Calculate Quote Metrics Through field which cause the Invoice Target Date to fall into a closed accounting period. For example, Start Date = 03/01/2017 and Calculate Quote Metrics Through = 1, so Invoice Target Date would be 03/01/2017 which is in a closed accounting period.

To resolve the issue you can either

• Set Invoice Target Date to a date in an open accouting period
  • Change Calculate Quote Metrics Through field so Invoice Target Date would be in an open accounting period