Happy Business Starts Here

Valued Scholar

Zuora's Bill To / Ship To Requirements Encourage Bad/Duplicate Data - Help?

To create a Quote in Zuora Quotes for Salesforce, you must enter a "Bill To" and "Ship To" Contact on a Quote. This is counter-intuitive because a single Contact cannot have 2 addresses, and Zuora appears to use the Contact Address as both the Bill To Address and the Ship To Address.

If a customer wants to be Billed at one address, but Shipped to at another, the only way that we appear to be able to accomplish that natively using Zuora Quotes is to create a Duplicate Contact, same name, same info, different address. Then we select one as the Bill To, and the other as the Ship To.

I can't be the only one struggling with this? Why is Zuora designed this way? Accounts have a Billing Address and a Shipping Address, but Zuora chooses to use Contacts. Unless I am missing something? I'm hoping someone can help me understand how to improve our customers experience so that we can properly setup their billing and shipping addresses without cloning their records.

@doyeli @Manojna any thoughts/comments?

4 REPLIES 4
Support SME

Re: Zuora's Bill To / Ship To Requirements Encourage Bad/Duplicate Data - Help?

Hi @mmarchese I acknowledge your feedback. Wanted to check if it is ok with you if I introduce you to our new Product Manage for CPQ? She is looking forward to reach out to customers and get feedback on CPQ.

Please confirm and I will then start an email thread with you and PM

Thank you

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Valued Scholar

I would be happy to speak with them @doyeli , please let me know what you need from me to move forward. Cheers

Support SME

Thank you @mmarchese .

I have started an email thread with you and the PM

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Highlighted
Tutor

We have the same issue as the above and it is causing duplicate data and manual work around for both the sales team and finance team.  I saw that the issue was marked as solved but don't see a solution.  Is there a way to have different bill to/sold to mailing address details but the same contact name and email address? If the quote can be edited prior to submission for this entry, it would help. 

We have over 10 of these variations each day