Highlighted
leedm777 Valued Scholar

Valued Scholar

Valued Scholar
Accepted Solution

Will Zuora Quotes conflict with existing data in Product2

We're currently running fairly old versions of Zuora Quotes and Zuora 360, and are in the process of trying to upgrade them.

We have concerns about the move from ZProduct to Product2. We currently use Product2 for our traditional business unit, and contains several products that have the same SKUs as products that are in our Zuora product catalog.

When Zuora CPQ synchronizes into the Product2 catalog, will it find our existing products in the catalog and try to sync with them? Or is it smart enough to create its own products to sync to?

Bryan Zuora Staff

Zuora Staff

Zuora Staff

Re: Will Zuora Quotes conflict with existing data in Product2

@leedm777 The behavior of the standard sync with Zuora being the product master... If the SKUs are the same between SFDC and Zuora, during the sync,  it should match up the product with the SKU.  After the sync, go into ZProduct.  The SFDC Product ID field would be populated as well as the Product field to which should contain the link into Product 2.   Best practice, test in sandbox first.  

leedm777 Valued Scholar

Valued Scholar

Valued Scholar

@Bryan, is there any way change that behaviour? We don't want Zuora CPQ changing the existing data we have in Product2.

Bryan Zuora Staff

Zuora Staff

Zuora Staff

@leedm777:  Do you master your products in SFDC or Zuora? We have the capability to enable bundling which allows you to sync your data from SFDC into Zuora.  While that is an option, you will need to think through all the business cases and ramifications of enabling this feature as creating subscription products in SFDC are much different than doing in Zuora and this "switch" is not one that you can toggle on and off.  Once set, it's permanent. 

Link to our knowledge center article around bundling. 

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/C_Zuora_Quotes/F_Bundling_in_Zuora_Quotes/A_Enable_Bun...

Another suggestion is to review your products to see if there is normalization or cleansing to perform.

doyeli Z-Support SME

Z-Support SME

Z-Support SME

Hi @leedm777  As long as your product on SFDC that is used for other application, does not have the Zuora Id field (zqu__ZuoraId__c) populated, having the Same SKU number should not cause any problem during product catalog sync from Zuora.

If you have any product in SFD that have same SKU number as your product on Zuora Tenant  and also zqu__ZuoraId__c populated , Product Catalog sync will throw error reporting Duplicate SKU number exists error and will not Sync.

Please let me know if that helps and if you see any different behaviuor when you test in Sandbox env

Thank you
Doyeli

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Bryan Zuora Staff

Zuora Staff

Zuora Staff

Thanks @doyeli

@leedm777 Wanted clarify that the explanation I shared is where the zqu__ZuoraId__c is not populated.  If this field is populated, then the behavior will be as Doyeli pointed out and the sync will error out and not go through.

leedm777 Valued Scholar

Valued Scholar

Valued Scholar

Thanks, @doyeli. Sounds like the Zuora product catalog sync shouldn't interfere with the existing catalog we have in Product2.

According to the docs, it looks like Zuora adds its own custom field for the SKU. Does it also set the StockKeepingUnit field in Product2, or is it left null/blank?

doyeli Z-Support SME

Z-Support SME

Z-Support SME

Hi @leedm777 , Thanks. StockKeepingUnit is a standard field on Product2 Object and product catalog sync from Zuora does not touch that field.

You can find all the custom fields on Product2 Object  that get added as part of installing ZQuote managed package by looking at the Installed Package name.

Capture.PNG

Please let me know if this helps

Thank you
Doyeli

leedm777 Valued Scholar

Valued Scholar

Valued Scholar

@doyeli That helps immensely. Thanks!

doyeli Z-Support SME

Z-Support SME

Z-Support SME

Thank you @leedm777 . Please test in your Sandbox env and let me know if it is working as expected.