Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Zuora Support

Why overwriting Total on $0 Tiered charge not overwriting price when sent to Zuora?

In a specific scenario customer had a product with a Tiered Recurring charge set to $0. When overriding the Total amount in Zuora quotes, the value does not set the price on the charge when send to Zuora. Please find below the details regarding to this scenario and the solution.

SigNowBlue.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Support

Re: Why overwriting Total on $0 Tiered charge not overwriting price when sent to Zuora?

On Tier level: Effective Price/List price is Zero

Screen Shot 2018-09-09 at 2.34.26 PM.png

In this scenario, the user is updating the Total Prices at the charge level manually, instead of updating the tier prices.
The chanage in price needs to be done on the Tier Level.

Please find below the details related to this specific scenario.

# In the quote UI where we have positive list prices in the tiers - when we update the Total Prices at the charge level, the application automatically recalculates the Effective Price and the Discount % from the corresponding List Price. That's the reason when we update the Total at the charge level and make the Preview call it recalculates the MRR with the correct number (because the UI already recalculated the correct values at the tier level and those updated values are passed to the preview call).
# But when the Tier List Price is 0.00, the application can not do anything because multiplying 0.00 with anything will be 0.00. That's the reason Effective Price and the Discount % are all 0.00 when we update the Total at the charge level for this case. Due to this reason when we make the Preview Call for this case, the tiers information are being passed as 0.00 and API call returns 0.00 as the delta MRR.

SigNowBlue.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √