Happy Business Starts Here

Zuora Support

Why System.NullPointerException: Argument cannot be null while creating amendment quote?

Why System.NullPointerException: Argument cannot be null while creating amendment quote?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

3 REPLIES 3
Zuora Support

Re: Why System.NullPointerException: Argument cannot be null while creating amendment quote?

In a specific scenario customer was getting error during creation of an amendment quote: System.NullPointerException: Argument cannot be null 

From the Managed Package details in debug the log the issue was identified to be caused with the Contacts associated to the account. Since this is an amendment quote, the billing accounts exists in Zuora. You need to check if the Bill To/Sold To contact associated has all required fields filled in. In this specific scenario, Address 1 field was blank.

Once the field was populated the error was resolved for the quote.

Highlighted
Scholar

Re: Why System.NullPointerException: Argument cannot be null while creating amendment quote?

Zuora's package should never be throwing a NullPointerException (that's sloppy coding). In this scenario above it should have thrown a meaningful error message such as 

throw new ZuoraRequiredFieldException("Address1 on BillToContact is null");

Don't leave us guessing as to what field on potentially several different objects hasn't met some criteria required by Zuora.

Support SME

Hi @Jamie absolutely agree and understand your point.

We have an internal Jira to track this request to build a framework to throw application level error message.

Sorry for the inconevenience at hand

Thank you

Doyeli