Happy Business Starts Here

Zuora Support

Validation rule not working as expected in Product Selection Page

Problem:

We have validation rule in Place for a product to not have a max quantity of 4.

It throws an error when you select more than 4 when I click Save , but when I hit submit it throws the error for a moment and immediately allows to complete quote creation and also it defaults to Quantity 1 (we have default quantity as 1 in Zuora product catalog), attached screenshots for the product I am trying with Save and Submit feature.

Please let us know why this is not stopping from going ahead and allowing us to create quote?

Product Selector - Submit.JPG

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Support

Re: Validation rule not working as expected in Product Selection Page

Solution:

We can use the Rule Engine instead of validation rule to check for the maximum quantity and show the error which prevents from saving the record.

The Zuora Rules Engine enables configurable validation, dynamic pricing, and automatic addition/removal of products in the quoting process. The rules engine allows a Salesforce Administrator to easily configure quoting actions that happen automatically when certain conditions are met.

First, we need to enable the rule engine:

1. Click the Zuora Config tab in Salesforce.
  2. Click Advanced Quoting Configuration Settings.
  3. Click Edit Settings.
  4. Enable “Enable Rules Engine”.
  5. Click Save.

If Enable Rules Engine is enabled, rules are executed before save regardless of the other rules settings, Enable Force Calculation and Enable Real-Time Rule Calculation.

To create a rule engine in SFDC, please follow the below steps:

1. Navigate to Rule Engine Tab in SFDC.

2. Click New.

3. Enter Rule name.

4. Add criteria as per your requirement. In this case, the selected product should not have quantity more than of 4.

167650 - Rule Engine Updated.JPGCriteria

5. The filter is to pick a product by name.

167650 - Rule Engine Filter.JPG

6. Add Action as “Show Validation Message”.

Product Selector - Action.JPG

7. Click Save.

The above-created rule engine will fire when we try to click on "save" or "next" button in “Choose Product and Charges” while creating or edit quotes.

Please refer to the below knowledge center articles for more details about Rule Engine.

Zuora Rules Engine

Enable Rules Engine

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √