Happy Business Starts Here

Re: Users are getting error on Generate PDF-"INVALID_TYPE: sObject type 'Organization' is not s

Zuora Support

Users are getting error on Generate PDF-"INVALID_TYPE: sObject type 'Organization' is not supported"

Problem- Users with one profile are getting the error on generate PDF as below

com.zuora.sync.sfdc.quote.exceptions.QuoteDocumentException: com.zuora.sync.sfdc.quote.exceptions.SfdcDescribeException: INVALID_TYPE: sObject type 'Organization' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Zuora Support

Re: Users are getting error on Generate PDF-"INVALID_TYPE: sObject type 'Organization' is not s

Solution - In this specific case certain users were not able to view the PDF on hitting the "Generate PDF" button but getting the error mentioned in the Problem statement. On adding the View Setup and Configuration and View All Data permissions to this user profile in order to see Organization merge fields, this issue was resolved. This can be found on our Troubleshoot Zuora for Salesforce article below. 

Why do some of my users not see Organization information on the Quote PDF?
All users who use the Quote PDF functionality must have the View Setup and Configuration and the View All Data permissions in their Salesforce org.

http://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/A_Zuora_for_Salesforce/D_Troubleshoot_Zuora_for_Salesfo...

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √