Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Zuora Support

Understand how subscription product charge's Charged Through Date works in Salesforce

Sometimes I see subscription product charge's Charged Through Date is synced from Zuora to Salesforce correctly when an invoice is created.  Sometimes Charged Through Date is not updated at all when there is a new invoice.  How do I make sure that Charged Through Date is always correct in Salesforce?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Support

Re: Understand how subscription product charge's Charged Through Date works in Salesforce

Here is an explanation on how Charged Through Date works.

• When a subscription product charge is created and synced to Salesforce for the first time, its Charged Through Date will be populated in Salesforce.

• When an invoice is generated, the subscription product charge's Charged Through Date is changed in Zuora. However, the new Charged Through Date is not synced to Salesforce because the subscription product charge's Updated Date does not get changed when an invoice is created.

• If the charge is updated in Zuora somehow (e.g., a custom field is updated), the charge's Updated Date would be updated, and the latest Charged Through Date will be synced to Salesforce.

Here is an example to illustraight how Charged Through Date is set/updated and synced to Salesforce.

• A 12-month subscription, term = 01/01/2017 - 12/31/2017, with a monthly charge is created and invoiced for the first month, 01/01/2017 - 01/31/2017, in Zuora.  The charge's Charged Through Date would be 02/01/2017.  The subscription product charge is synced to Salesforce for the first time.  Its Charged Through Date in Salesforce is 02/01/2017 as well.
  • The subscription is then invoiced for the second month, 02/01/2017 - 02/28/2017, and charge's Charged Through Date would be 03/01/2017 in Zuora.  However, the Charged Through Date in Salesforce is still 02/01/2017. (As explained above, an invoice generated does not refresh the subscription product charge's updated date, so the sync does not sync its latest stage to Salesforce.)
  • One of the charge's custom fields is updated in Zuora and the charge's Updated Date is refreshed.  As a result, the next sync would sync the charge's latest state to Salesforce, and its Charged Throught Date becomes 03/01/207.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √