Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Partner

Unable to delete Product Rate Plan Charge and sync to Zuora

I am configuring sandbox installation of Zuora CPQ.   I created my products, rate plans and charges in Zuora first, synced to my Salesforce DEV ORG, then activated bundling so that the catalog is mastered in Salesforce.

When I created my products, rate plans and charges in Zuora I used the clone function and then edited the charges in my rate plans to suit.   It appears that the charges I deletedin Zuora now appear as Product Rate Plan Charges in Salesforce, even though they don't appear in the Zuora product catalog.

When I try to delete these PRPC's in Salesforce I get the following message:

There were custom validation error(s) encountered while saving the affected record(s). The first validation error encountered was "ProductRatePlanCharge__c cannot be deleted due to the record having already been synchronized to Zuora, please Mark for Deletion and then synchronize again.". 

When I mark the PRPC for deletion and sync again it fails and supplies this error as the SyncMessage:

zObject:[Id=null, arrayfields={}, fields={Code=CANNOT_DELETE, Message=invalid id}, ztype=Error]

This is extremely frustrating and I am now deleting these products and recreating from scratch.

Sean Ralph CPA CA
8 REPLIES 8
Zuora Support

Re: Unable to delete Product Rate Plan Charge and sync to Zuora

When you create products and rateplans in Zuora and further make changes in those records by deleting the charges in Zuora, those deleted records will still be synched to Salesforce .
This is default behavior of Product catalog sync

from Zuora to Salesforce and these deleted product records are flagged in Salesforce and will not be used in quotes while selectiong products.If you do not wish to synchronize deleted products from Zuora, T9 setting Stop Sync Deleted Product should be enabled in tenant.Once this feature is enabled, the deleted records are not synchromized to salesforce

ALso, could you please let me know the use case behind to delete the PRPC recors in Salesforce as these deleted records will not be visible during Production selection step while creating Quote?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Zuora Alumni

@Manojna Sean is utilizing the PC Sync from Salesforce to Zuora not Zuora to Salesforce.   I believe you are using Bundling right @sralph.

Basically you need to use the Mark for Deletion button to delete anything in Salesforce with that on.  It sounds like somehow youve gotten into an incosistent state with using the Clone button to create Products in Salesforce.

If you can easily repro with steps and log a ticket we can take a look to see if this can be addressed.

Support SME

I see  the following note from @sean :

"When I created my products, rate plans and charges in Zuora I used the clone function and then edited the charges in my rate plans to suit."

So, the Clone is used in Zuora?-- please confirm.

Based on reading the notes from @sean, this is what I understand:

As part of creating product catalog in Zuora (before enabling Bundling) , Sean cloned the products to make copies. Then he deleted some PRPC records. But now, when he performed PC sync from Zuora, based on PC sync design, those deleted PRPC records are also synced on SFDC end. By Design and by default, even if you delete product, PRP, PRPC on zuora, PC sync will sync those on SFDC end.

(NOTE: There is now a T9 feature which , when enabled, will NOT sync the deleted records from Zuora.)

Sean  is now trying to delete those PRPC records (that are deleted from zuora but are still synced to SFDC end because of default PC sync design) from SFDC ebd and is getting error. And you are trying to delete these by Mark for Deletion button followed by a Sync but still getting error

Please confirm if my above understanding is correct. If yes, we will test it inhouse and see how it behaves.

As a workaround, if you are setting it up from scratch, please create a Ticket to enable the T9 feature to not sync deleted products 

As a side note, could you please let us know why you are trying to delete those charges (that are deleted on Zuora end but still shows up on SFDC end) from salesforce end? The reason I am asking is, those deleted charges , thogh present on SFDC end, WON'T show up in the select product step.

Thank you

Doyeli

Partner

@Manojna

@doyeli and @nathanc are both correct. Here are the steps I followed when this presented:

1.  I created the required "standalone" products in the Zuora product catalog.   I used the clone function in Zuora to copy products and then edited the cloned products as required.   In some cases I deleted charges and added new charges, for example where I removed one-time charges and added  recurring charges to the rate plans.

2.  The initial, full PC sync from Zuora to SFDC DEV ORG.  It was successfully synced.

3. The bundling T9 feature was activated.

4. Products in SFDC catalogwere updated to set the type to Standalone.  Upon reviewing the products, product rate plans and product rate plan charges I discovered the previously deleted charges are appearing as PRPC.   I marked the charges for deletion and tried to sync the product to Zuora again.   Product sync fails and presents the error message

Failed trying to sync deleted object without Zuora Id

5.   I tried marking the product itself for deletion and syncing again.  This also fails to sync.    I renamed all these products "DELETE" and used the delete button in SFDC.   I filtered these out of my product view and recreated new products as these were required to create the bundle products.

PS:  I tried logging a support ticket for this issue but my tenant is a CSM testing sandbox (20198) and Zendesk auto-closes any support tickets logged for this tenant.

Sean Ralph CPA CA
Zuora Support

@sralph Thank you for providing the steps. I will further test it and review the behavior in my Salesforce Org and  and will update you shortly

Zuora Support

@sralph

I have reproduced the below steps in my org and could see that Product Rate Plan Charge records were deleted from Salesforce Org

1.    I used the clone function in Zuora to copy products and then edited the cloned products as required.  I deleted usage charges for the cloned product
2.  Performed a succesful full Product Catalog Sync from Zuora to Salesfroce Org

3. Enabled Bundling T9 Feature in my tenant

4. I went to the Product rateplan Charge record and selected Mark for delete .Once the record is marked for delete, I clicked on delete button and the records were succesfully deleted in Salesforce Org

Could you please confirm these below steps and let me know if you are still not able to delete records from Salesforce Org ?

Also, I would like to inform you that when bundling is activated and when you perform a  sync,, it fails to sync with the below message 

Failed trying to sync deleted object without Zuora Id

since the Rate Plan charge record is already deleted in Zuora before the bundling feature is enabled

Partner

@Manojna sending you aPMwith tenant ID and screenshots.

You replicated the steps but I still can'tget these recordstodelete orsyncsccessfully.

S

Sean Ralph CPA CA
Zuora Support

@sralph 

After further troubleshooting,I would like to inform you that the Sync to Zuora always need to be performed from Product level for the Rate pkan and rate plan charge records to be updated successfully.

• Navigate to the product rate Plan Charge record and click on Mark for delete and confirm OK
  • Go to the Product Record associated with the Rate Plan Charge and click on Sync from Zuora from the product level .
  • You should now be able to see that the Sync is successful.

Also, I would like to inform you that When you mark a product, a feature, a rate plan, a charge, a tier, or a product feature for delete in the Product Catalog Sync tab, the record is deleted in Salesforce and Zuora when the record is synced to Zuora.