Happy Business Starts Here

Support SME

Time out during loading a Quote

Problem:

=======

Sales is attempting to create a 3 year renewal and zQuote just sits on the loading screen. The rep waited for over an hour - hitting refresh button on quote and web page to no avail.

SigNowBlue.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Support SME

Re: Time out during loading a Quote

Solution

==========

As we found out, the specific Quotes that are having problem in getting the Quote metrics fields calculated are

a) Amendment Quotes with having > 10 amendments.
b) These are also Amendments built on subscription version >100

There are two issues with the above type of Amendment Quotes based on curent Design:

1) By Default Zuora support 10 Amendments per single call.
But, there is a feature , "Enable Mass Amendments Per Amend" which, when enabled, raises the Amendment API limits from 10 to 30 Amendments..
This customer has this feature enabled on Zuora  tenant.
(Note: Else, they would get an error "Up to 10 operations is supported in AmendRequest.;" )
But, Zuora's best practice advise for amend() API call, and the number of amendments per single call generally 10 amendments or less in order to preserve the ideal performance for this call type, and that it remains under our standard 2 minute API service timeout.

In reviewing the debug log , we could see that the Amendment request itself was getting timed out for these problem Quotes.

To unblock this situation, it was suggested to customer to  try creating multiple amendment quotes, each having <10 Amendments .
For future, please discuss with with internal teams to consider
i) creating new subscriptions after a certain number of Amendments have been made.
and
ii) keeping the number of Amendments small per single QUote by splitting the total amendments in multiple Quotes

SigNowBlue.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √