Happy Business Starts Here

Support SME
Support SME

The subscription being amended (id=xxxxxxxxx) by the quote is no longer the latest version

Question or Problem Statement:
When I amend a quote, I got:
The subscription being amended (id=xxxxxxxxx) by the quote is no longer the latest version.

SigNowBlue.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Support SME
Support SME

Re: The subscription being amended (id=xxxxxxxxx) by the quote is no longer the latest version

Solution:
The error means the Subscription that you were trying to create Amendment on is not the latest version anymore, which indicates the Subscription was changed between the time you create the Amendment Quote and the time you were trying to send the Quote to Z-Billing.

This can be reproduced with these steps:
1).Create a new quote then send this quote to Zuora tenant.
2.Create an amendment quote, do not send it to Zuora tenant
3).In Zuora tenant amend that subscription from the first quote directly, e.g. update a product, then set the amendment as active.
4).Send the amendment quote to Zuora, the error would show.

This is because of the latest subscription ID was changed, however in the sending amendment quote (SOAP amendment call), it is still using the old subscription Id, it does not make sense.

The solution is to check in Zuora and Salesforce to make sure the latest version of this Subscription has been synced over to Salesforce, then create another Amendment Quote on the latest version of the Subscription.

Supporting References:
N/A.

SigNowBlue.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Partner

Re: The subscription being amended (id=xxxxxxxxx) by the quote is no longer the latest version

I just ran through this situation with a customer.   A couple quick suggestions helped sort this out quickly

1) on the Account page layout in Salesforce, in the subscriptions related list, add the Last Modified Date and Version fields and check set the sorting to sort by Last Modified Date.  It's useful to have the most recently modifed subs appear first in the list.

2) ensure the button "Sync Data from zBilling" is added to the Account page layout so the users (often not Zuora admin) can sync the account data for this account from Zuora.

Hope these suggestions help others.

-S

Sean Ralph CPA CA