Happy Business Starts Here

Valued Scholar

TCV, MRR not populating after v7.x upgrade (sandbox)

We have upgraded to Zuora v 7.1.3 in our Sandbox. Previous version was 6.2. Our testers complained about the MRR and TCV not showing up on the Quote record. On one of my test, I get MRR and TCV on the Quote Rate Plan Charge record, but not on the Quote record. I can also see the MRR and TCV values in the 'Products & Charges' section of the Zuora subscription.

Q1. Are MRR and TCV considered 'Charge Metrics'?

Q2. What exactly does 'Previewing a quote mean? (wondering if we are missing an option due to previous customizations.

Q3. Should the Quote Charge Details object be populated? (mine isn't)

Any thoughts on how to get the MRR and TCV to populate on the Quote record?

Tags (2)
11 REPLIES 11
Zuora Alumni

Re: TCV, MRR not populating after v7.x upgrade (sandbox)

theres new fields Previewed TCV and Previewed MRR.  You should use those.

Valued Scholar

I just checked and I am referring to the new 'Previewed' fields. Do we need to do some type of 'Preview'????? 

Also, just noticed the 'MRR (Depreciated)' and 'TCV (Depreciated)' are populated.

Zuora Alumni

No, Preview should be automatic at Quote Header level.

Theres many reasons your preview could not be firing as a lot goes into the calcs that get sent to Zuora.  But all Metrics should be coming from Core Zuora.  Latest Quotes doesn't do any metrics calcs (you might see those values in old fields but the are driven by apex code, not coming from core Zuora).

Id log a support ticket as it could be because of a number of reasons.

Valued Scholar

We've got a ticket logged but it's moving slow due to issues on both ends. Maybe we can add this experience to the info in the user community. 

I believe we've got a custom 'Send to Z-Billing' button that uses the sendToZBilling method of the zQuoteUtil. 

Q1. Is it possible additional coding needs to be done to handle the new features? (like further processing the zBillingResult that comes back from the sendToZBilling method?)

Q2. Does Zuora have an out of the box 'Send to Z-Billing' that I can place on the page and give it a test drive? I've got three. Is it the one named 'SubmitToZuora' that points to the Visualforce Page 'ZuoraQuoteSubmit'?

Zuora Alumni

1) Yes this is possble, didn't realize you had a custom send to Z Billing.  The metrics call fundamentally do a subscribe and amend preview from core Zuora, but I am not sure if it uses the SendtoZBilling method to do that.

2) Yes our out of the box button is zaq__SubmitToZuora

Ultimately the support ticket is the best bet.

Valued Scholar

The SubmitToZuora button didn't work. However, I do now see the screen labeled 'Order Preview' when I use it.

Our case #92480 if you want to peak at it. 

Thanks a bunch for your time @nathanc !!!

Valued Scholar

This has been resolved after the case was escalated. 

Resolution: Add 'Quote Metrics' to the Quote Page Layout.

How? Zuora Config --> Layout Configuration Settings --> Quote --> add 'zqu__Quote_Detail_Metrics: Quote Metrics' to the Selected Field Sets

Edit Page Layout --> Visualforce Pages --> Drag 'Quote Detail' on the page -->Height = 400, Show scrollbars = selected

Go to Quote --> Select Products --> Add something & save 

Zuora for Salesforce now does a callout to Zuora to do these calcs. This is what you have to do to make it happen.

Was told the change was related to conflicts with Zuora for SF and Zuora calculating different values so now it is just Zuora doing some calcs.

Was told this is related a 'Subscribe Preview' feature. 

I hope this helps others.

Guru

If you create a quote via code or do any editing of a quote through custom code you have to explicitly update the metrics on your quote with custom Apex code since the OOTB metrics are only auto-populated on your quote from Zuora when you open the quote in the UI in a browser; and then like you found out only if the metrics field set is added to your view.

We learned this through tickets as it is not documented any where and was/is very frustrating.

Maggie Longshore
Valued Scholar

Can you give me more info on how to update the metrix via APEX? The tech support pointed me to the following articles so that I could read more about the feature, but they appear to be specific to the Zuora UI and the SOAP API.

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/BC_Subscription_Management/Subscriptions/C_Previewing_a_Subscripti...

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/D_SOAP_API/E_SOAP_API_Calls/subscribe_call/C_Previewing_a_Subscrip...

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/DC_Developers/SOAP_API/F_SOAP_API_Complex_Types/SubscribeOptions

On a related note, I've got another issue on the sideburner where the quantity of a Quote Rate Plan Charge is increased via an APEX trigger and the MMR is not reflecting the change. Could the update metrics be used to do the calcs instead of doing the calcs in APEX code?