Happy Business Starts Here

Sync error: INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY

Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Sync error: INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY

PROBLEM:

Sync error: "INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY:insufficient access rights on cross-reference id"

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

3 REPLIES
Zuora Alumni

Re: Sync error: INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY

SOLUTION: 

The Sync error, "INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY:insufficient access rights on cross-reference id" is related to insufficient privileges on custom objects. An operation affects an object that is cross-referenced by the specified object, but the logged-in user does not have sufficient permissions on the cross-referenced object. For example, if the logged-in user attempts to modify an account record, that user might not have permission to approve, reject, or reassign a ProcessInstanceWorkitem that is submitted after that action.

The reason for failed sync accounts is that you have permissions set that do not allow the Zuora User ID to access them. Alternatively, there could be a trigger on the accounts, which prevents them to from being accessed. There is a knowledge center article addressing the same here: 

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/A_Zuora_for_Salesforce/D_Troubleshoot_Zuora_for_Salesf...

Senior Tutor

Please see my many previous tickets on this same subject. This has to do with billings accounts associated with Salesforce accounts that have been deleted and requires a cleanup on your end to resolve. Please run that clean up and let me know what it's all set. Thank you.

Z-Support SME

Hi @markgschafer , yes, you are right.

If the error is "INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY:insufficient access rights on cross-reference id: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:--"

The Id in the error is normally the Id of the account's Default Payment Method.

The error indicates that the sync could not sync the account's updates from Zuora to Salesforce because the default payment method was missing in Salesforce.

It appears that the account's Default Payment Method was synced to Salesforce initially, so the payment method in Zuora ties to the Id of the corresponding payment method in Salesforce. The Salesforce payment method was then deleted for some reason. So now when the sync tried to sync updates made to the account in Zuora, it could not match the default payment method in Zuora with the (missing) one in Salesforce.

There are a couple of options to resolve this issue:

i) Delete the payment method from Zuora and re-create it. The new payment method will be synced to Salesforce as a new one. Please note that this may require to contact your customer for the payment method information (e.g., credit card details) if you don't have it store on your end.

ii) Check your Recycle Bin to see if the deleted payment method is still there and restore it. If not, you can reach out to Salesforce Support to see if they can help.

If none of the above two options are feasible, it is suggested to please file a case with Zuora Support.

Support has a REST admin tool that they can use to perform Data fix on this record

Thank you
Doyeli