Happy Business Starts Here

Sync Error on Deleted Subscription RatePlanCharge records

Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Sync Error on Deleted Subscription RatePlanCharge records

Problem:

Zuora 360 sync is throwing following error  on few SubscriptionRateplanChargeTier records, though  corresponding SubscriptionProductCharge (Rate Plan charge) records are already deleted from Zuora

INVALID_FIELD:Foreign key external ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx not found for field Zuora__External_Id__c in entity Zuora__SubscriptionProductCharge__c

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Re: Sync Error on Deleted Subscription RatePlanCharge records

Solution:

Following is the explanation of the error message, in general.

e.g.
for SubscriptionRateplanChargeTier record with id ; 2c92a0f93ff9465701400d8bb1c27a77 , the error is

INVALID_FIELD:Foreign key external ID: 2c92a0f93ff9465701400d8bb6427a95 not found for field Zuora_External_Id_c in entity Zuora_SubscriptionProductCharge_c

This means SubscriptionRateplanChargeTier with id 2c92a0f93ff9465701400d8bb1c27a77 could not be synced as the corresponding SubscriptionProductCharge (Rate Plan charge) record with id 2c92a0f93ff9465701400d8bb6427a95 was not there (not synced) on SFDC .

As a reference, the following article can be reviewed which  describes the error, in general, and how to resolve it.

http://community.zuora.com/t5/Zuora-for-Salesforce/How-do-I-resolve-quot-INVALID-FIELD-Foreign-key-e...

But, in  this particular cas, in running data source export on customer's Zuora Tenant , none of these SubscriptionProductCharge (Rate Plan charge) records were found.

In running queries on our backend database, it was confirmed that  the SubscriptionProductCharge (Rate Plan charge) records as documented in the Sync error history were deleted from Zuora end.
Based on running queries on salesforce org as well, these SubscriptionProductCharge records as referred by its Zuora Ids were not found.

But, somehow, Sync was still trying to sync these deleted records.

Problem was resolved by running a a Manual Sync. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Re: Sync Error on Deleted Subscription RatePlanCharge records

Solution:

Following is the explanation of the error message, in general.

e.g.
for SubscriptionRateplanChargeTier record with id ; 2c92a0f93ff9465701400d8bb1c27a77 , the error is

INVALID_FIELD:Foreign key external ID: 2c92a0f93ff9465701400d8bb6427a95 not found for field Zuora_External_Id_c in entity Zuora_SubscriptionProductCharge_c

This means SubscriptionRateplanChargeTier with id 2c92a0f93ff9465701400d8bb1c27a77 could not be synced as the corresponding SubscriptionProductCharge (Rate Plan charge) record with id 2c92a0f93ff9465701400d8bb6427a95 was not there (not synced) on SFDC .

As a reference, the following article can be reviewed which  describes the error, in general, and how to resolve it.

http://community.zuora.com/t5/Zuora-for-Salesforce/How-do-I-resolve-quot-INVALID-FIELD-Foreign-key-e...

But, in  this particular cas, in running data source export on customer's Zuora Tenant , none of these SubscriptionProductCharge (Rate Plan charge) records were found.

In running queries on our backend database, it was confirmed that  the SubscriptionProductCharge (Rate Plan charge) records as documented in the Sync error history were deleted from Zuora end.
Based on running queries on salesforce org as well, these SubscriptionProductCharge records as referred by its Zuora Ids were not found.

But, somehow, Sync was still trying to sync these deleted records.

Problem was resolved by running a a Manual Sync. 

View solution in original post