Happy Business Starts Here

Sync Err - Field name provided, Zuora__External_Id__c is not readable for Zuora__UnitOfMeasure__c

Highlighted
Zuora Support

Sync Err - Field name provided, Zuora__External_Id__c is not readable for Zuora__UnitOfMeasure__c

Problem:
Customer was getting the below error during Zuora 360 Sync:

Error:
There has been an unknown internal error happened. (InvalidJob : Field name provided, Zuora__External_Id__c is not readable for Zuora__UnitOfMeasure__c)
StackTrace:
[AsyncApiException  exceptionCode='InvalidJob'
 exceptionMessage='Field name provided, Zuora__External_Id__c is not readable for Zuora__UnitOfMeasure__c'
]

Solution:

This error indicates that the Zuora --> Salesforce sync user Profile does not have read & edit access for the field Zuora__External_Id__c on the object Zuora__UnitOfMeasure__c

On checking the sync user profile and the "Unit of measure" object we found that the read and edit access was not granted to the External ID field as shown below:

inline-2039156328.png

Issue should be resolved if read and edit access is provided to the field.

But we also obeserved that the sync user profile was not a System Admin but a custom profile and hence to resolve the issue we need to use one of the below options:

• Use the Salesforce Admin user profile to perform 360 Sync operations as the sync user requires the read-write access to the objects and fields in Zuora 360.
  • If you must use a non-admin user for 360 Sync, grant the sync user:
    • The Visible access to all the fields synchronized from Zuora to Salesforce. See Setting Field-Level Security in Salesforce for setting the field-level access for profiles.
    • The Customize Application System Permission.

In this specific case, we updated the profile for the sync user to the System Administrator and the issue was resolved. 

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √