Happy Business Starts Here

Subscription version synced is latest version, not current in term version

Highlighted
Partner

Subscription version synced is latest version, not current in term version

The version of the subscription synced to SFDC is the latest version, not the current in term version and pricing

e.g.

Customer signs up 1-Oct-2016 for a product at a rate of $99/month for three months.  On January of 2017 price will be $129/month.

This has been recorded in Zuora at follows:

Version 1- Contract Effective Date 1-Oct-2016, subscription created at $99/month.

Amendment 1 - Updates the product pricing to $129/month, effective 1-Jan-2017.  This amendment is posted now (26-Oct-2016)

At this point Zuora marks Version 1 of the subscription ($99/mo) as Expired but it is still in term and billing at that price through December 2016. However, in SFDC the subscription is now shown as $129/month with Effective Start Date of 1-Jan-2017, which may be "as designed" but is not correct for purposes of a customer service representative working with a customer  and discussing what they have under subscription and what the current (this billing period) fees are.

Is there any resolution for this?

Sean Ralph CPA CA
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Zuora Support

Re: Subscription version synced is latest version, not current in term version

Hi @sralph,

This is a known feature request.  You can check out future dated amendment sync to salesforce post for more details.  You can vote for it to increase its popularity and/or add comments.  Our Product Team will reply to you directly.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Highlighted
Guru

@sralph We managed this by creating a small component on the Subscription page which reaches out to Zuora and retrieves the subscription history. That way a user viewing the account / subscription can see all the products that were on a subscription (past, present, and future).

I have not yet packaged it up sufficiently to be able to share it directly, but I am happy to give the high level design and guidance if this is something that would be helpful.

Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

This is somethign we'd love to do but needs to be part of our overall Configurable Sync initiative.