Re: Term End Date field is returning null / blank value

joel_buaron Zuora Staff

Zuora Staff

Zuora Staff
Accepted Solution

Subscription Term End Date field is returning null / blank value

Issue:  we have a custom page and wanted to make the Subscription Term End Date to be exposed and be a read-only field.  The problem is that it's returning no value causing our other lookup process not to populate any value as well.

End Date Com.jpg

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

joel_buaron Zuora Staff

Zuora Staff

Zuora Staff

Re: Subscription Term End Date field is returning null / blank value

Solution: Check if the Z-360 Connection Settings and Z-Quote's Zuora Connection Settings have the identical end point. 

Z360Connection.png

For custom Visualforce page, it uses the Order Builder methods provided by Z-360 to query for the Subscription and all of the related fields. So, the Id being passed in is from a different environment, which the query will return no records.

Additionally, since the main use case is not allowing the end user to edit the Subscription Term End Date, you can control this by setting the user profile permission:

Setup > Administer > Manage Users > Profiles > click the profile name > Custom Field-Level Security > Quote > look for Subscription Term End Date and make sure Edit Access is unchecked for that profile.

Quote Field-Level Security for profile.jpg

8Ken Partner

Partner

Partner

I'm not sure if this is the same issue, but perhaps, as the screenshot above was also from a "new quote". I am attempting to display the "Term End Date" on a new quote, without success. It returns a "null" on the quote PDF.

We would like to be able to display "By accepting this offer, you agree your subscription will renew for «Quote.RenewalTerm» month(s) on «Quote.SubscriptionEndDate»" on the quote.

Thanks,

8Ken Partner

Partner

Partner

Hi @joel_buaron,

What do you think on this? We ended up having to create a custom formula field which calculates the subscription end date as Quote.SubscriptionEndDate returns "null" on new subscriptions.

Highlighted
Saryu Support Team

Support Team

Support Team

Hi @8Ken that sounds like a good way to do it ! You can hence use the custom field in your quote template to display the value of Subscription end date!