Happy Business Starts Here

Valued Scholar

Show Product Only If Opportunity Field Value = 'Yes'

Hi all,

I am trying to set up Guided Product Selectors so that a specific Product & Rate Plan only show up if a specific field on the related Opportunity is set to 'Yes'.

I am looking at the "Filtered Product Catalog" options right now while creating a step, but I don't see anything that allows me to filter based on Opportunity Field Values. All I can see are Product Rate Plan, and any parent object (Product, ZProduct). 

Is it possible to filter products into a guided product selector step based on Opportunity field data? If not, can anyone propose a workaround that would help me achieve this?

6 REPLIES 6
Valued Scholar

Re: Show Product Only If Opportunity Field Value = 'Yes'

@MaggieL @doyeli either of you have any thoughts here that could help me achieve this?

Thanks!

Zuora Support

@mmarchese 

You  can try below filter as a reference to achieve the requirement.

CSproductfilter.PNG

Above filter will compare product fields with opportunity fields. In the Field/value section select Field so that you can refer objects related to quote.

In the above example if the "Apply Filter" field on opportunity has value "yes" then when you try to create a quote it will show the products for which "Testsyncfield" has value "Yes"

Hope this answers your question

Thanks,

Raghav

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Guru

@ehavens does all of our guided selection magic, so she may weigh in.

Maggie Longshore
Valued Scholar

@Raghav Your example is unfortunately exactly the opposite of what I am trying to achieve. I don't want to compare a Rate Plan or Product field to an Opportunity field, I want to show a specific Product/Rate Plan if the Opportunity has a field of a specific value.

While your solution technically I believe can help me achieve my goal, it seems it would require me to create a custom field dedicated specifically to matching this one single Product field to this Opportunity field.

Valued Scholar

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense why I can't. The filters are for Products, so it makes sense to have those as the filterable option values. @Raghav . Thanks for your input.

Still would like to see if anyone else has alternate suggestions that may make this a bit easier. 

Support SME

Hi @mmarchese I think suggestion from @Raghav should be the way to implement your use case as in OOB zQUote there is no relationship between product and Opportunity

Thanks

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √