Happy Business Starts Here

Set default values on Quote

Highlighted
Tutor

Set default values on Quote

Hi there -

We were informed that the most recent upgrade on Quotes 8.8 would allow for default field values to be utilized in Salesforce without needing to write any APEX code. However, when I just went to test this out...I can show the formula editor on the field by selecting edit and scrolling to the default field value formula editor but I can't click into the white box to actually place a value there. Has anyone tried this yet? (I know there are these instructions for defaults but we don't have an APEX developer on our staff). https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/I_Development_Resources/C_Component_Library/B_Global_C...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tutor

Re: Set default values on Quote

Hey Nathan -

Appreciate the response. We've been working with Ronak in professional services on an SOW and he said with the 8.8 release there was updates to the default functionality to more mimic was a standard salesforce admin would be able to change in their Salesforce environment. Thank you for clarifying this is not the case and it all still needs to be done through the plugin, which requires code not clicks. 

We will move forward with our change order for your team to make these changes and hopefully once that is implemented, I will be able to maintain and tweak it internally as we scale. 

-Megan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Hi Megan,

Not sure who informed you of this, but if you are talking about defaulting field values in Step 2 of the OOTB Quote process, that is still using the Defualt Field Values plugin.

The default value on normal Salesforce custom fields only takes effect after a save I believe, whereas most customers want fields defaulted prior to a save so they can see a value.

Highlighted
Tutor

Hey Nathan -

Appreciate the response. We've been working with Ronak in professional services on an SOW and he said with the 8.8 release there was updates to the default functionality to more mimic was a standard salesforce admin would be able to change in their Salesforce environment. Thank you for clarifying this is not the case and it all still needs to be done through the plugin, which requires code not clicks. 

We will move forward with our change order for your team to make these changes and hopefully once that is implemented, I will be able to maintain and tweak it internally as we scale. 

-Megan

View solution in original post