Happy Business Starts Here

Rules does not work on Quote Rate Plan Charge Discount(zqu__Discount__c) for Usage Volume pricing

Highlighted
Support SME

Rules does not work on Quote Rate Plan Charge Discount(zqu__Discount__c) for Usage Volume pricing

Problem:

In the Rules, rules have been configured to update the Discount for different charge types with a specific percentage.
Observed that this works fine for recurring, one-time charge types with different charge models. But, for Usage with Volume Pricing charge model, the Discount is not getting updated for the tiers. This happens for Recurring charge with volume pricing. I assumed this should work fine for Usage charges as well. But, It does not.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

3 REPLIES 3
Support SME

Re: Rules does not work on Quote Rate Plan Charge Discount(zqu__Discount__c) for Usage Volume pricin

Solution:

This is as expected bevaior, based on current design.

In create Quote flow as well, if we  add a usage type charge with Volume price charge model, the Discount field on QRPC level is disabled and if we apply a discount directly on tier level, it does not propagate to the QRPC level.

Discount on charge was designed to calculate effective price and total price in charge level.
And there is no effective price and total price in usage charge.
So discount is disabled. So, based on current design, we dont' let users edit discount on usage charges in general, as , without quantity there is no discount.

NOTE: In Future release of ZQuote, we will have the option for Rule Engine to support updates of Tiers (not add and remove of Tiers) in Rules.
When this will be avilable, while  trying to build a rule to update the Discount for usage charges, we can try to apply the discount directly on Tiers.
And we might want to update all tiers for usage charges.

( using Rule Engine it is not possible to directly update Tiers at this point.)

custom action plugin can be usd  to update Tiers.

Please refer to the following article for the detail on using custom Action Plugin

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/I_Development_Resources/C_Component_Library/C_Global_C...

Zuora Alumni

Re: Rules does not work on Quote Rate Plan Charge Discount(zqu__Discount__c) for Usage Volume pricin

It should be possible with the Custom Action plugin, can you point this out @doyeli

Support SME

Yes, I have updated the original Solution section to include this.