Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Tutor

Rules Engine: Block sending quote without Credit Card entered

My organization is in the process of starting to use the Rules Engine. We have a few planning sessions set up internally to determine which rules we want to define. I was able to think of what I thought would be an easy one but as I'm trying to create the rule I'm not sure if it's even possible. The rule I want to create it to block sending a sending a quote without a credit card entered. 

The first was easy:

Condition: Quote > Payment Method (zqu__PaymentMethod__c) is equal to Credit Card. 

Screenshot from 2020-01-03 10-19-52.png

Knowing that I'll need to add more criteria for when the credit card field is blank I added a new criteria and switched it to AND. 

But I'm stuck trying to find where the field for the credit card number is and am now wonder if; either it's not possible to do, or if it's a harder rule than I initially thought it would be.

Any ideas?

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Zuora Support

Re: Rules Engine: Block sending quote without Credit Card entered

HI @jfearon ,

You need to use the New Payment Method button on the quote to enter all the Credit Card information. Once all the details are given then it will generate Electronic Payment Method Id(zqu__ElectronicPaymentMethodId__c). If my understanding is correct, you can use the below condition to validate whether credit card details were entered or not.

CreditcardRule.PNG

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Raghav

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Highlighted
Tutor

Re: Rules Engine: Block sending quote without Credit Card entered

Thanks for the response. I will give that a try.