Happy Business Starts Here

Zuora Support

Rule Engine Removal Behavior not working

Problem:

Removal Behavior in Zuora Rules Engine is not working as expected. I have selected 'Remove' under the Removal Behavior drop down. The product is initially removed, but when the quote is saved, it is re-added

SigNowBlue.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Zuora Support

Re: Rule Engine Removal Behavior not working

Solution:

The removable behavior of plans on a quote will not be preserved when the quote is saved. All products on a quote will be treated as "Re-Evaluate" products when the page is refreshed and hence the removed product will be added back since the add product Rule will evaluate to true.

For the rare scenarios when user needs to remove the product that gets added based on an add product Rule trigger, that might need to be handled by a separate Rule adding specific condition check.

There are options to accomplish this, that vary by implementation. We might consider using a custom rule to update custom fields to indicate that some customer have opted out and wants to remove the product from the quote.

We can add a custom field that will hold the customer choice to have specific product YES or NO.

Then in the existing Rule, we can have a Filter based on that custom field value in the Condition section such that only when that field value is 'yes' the rule will fire and add that product SKU.

Please take a look at the knowledge center article Create Zuora Rules for more details about Rule Engine Behavior

SigNowBlue.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Tags (2)