Happy Business Starts Here

Support SME

Rate plan in CAD currency does now show up in the product selector

Problem:

We are trying to enable quoting in both USD/CAD currencies and I’m running into some issues.

I’ve created a billing account with the CAD currency code to use for testing, and created a test Rate Plan under the  product.

After running the Product Sync, I try to create a new quote using this Canadian billing account, but the Product Selector returns 0 records:

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

10 REPLIES 10
Support SME

Re: Rate plan in CAD currency does now show up in the product selector

Solution:

In reviewing the product Rate plan on Zuora end, it was  noticed that CAD currency was not activated for the Rate plan.

Following steps need  to be performed to enable a Product Rate plan in multiple Currency:

Click on Edit price in multi-currency from the product rate plan page

Capture.PNG

Activate (click on the button) the CAD currency for the Rate plan

Capture.PNG

perform a product catalog sync.

Then, during create Quote flow chose the Quote currency to be 'CAD' and in select product step, the Rate plan activated for CAD currency should show up

Guru

@doyeli I'm having a simiar problem in our sandbox where the CAD product is not showing up when going through the initial Quote Wizard steps.  We have the CAD currency enabled and I have activated the price on the charge in the Zuora Product Catalog and synced it to Salesforce.  

When creating a new quote, the currency field on the quote in step 1 is set to CAD, but only the USD products show up in step 3 in the guided selling.

If i go ahead and add the USD product and save/create the quote, the Currency changes to USD.  If I then change the currency to CAD and save, then go to select products, the CAD products are available to select.

We are not creating seperate Rate Plan records for the Canadian products.  We are using the same charge with different tier IDs that have either the USD or CAD price.

Is there anything else i need to do to only display the CAD products when the currency is CAD?

Support SME

Hi @ehavens, Can you please private Message me with yoru SFDC org id (please grant login access), Zuora tenant ID and the product, rate plan in concern?

Thank you
Doyeli

Guru

@doyeli Thanks, I sent you a Private Message!

Support SME

Thank you @ehavens . I will review and get back to you as soon as I have an update

Support SME

Hi @ehavens , I could not create Quotes from the opportunities that you provided. Was getting errors. Was not able to  create new Opportunity either.

But I reviewed the single Quote that you  have for that Opportunity  and zqu__currency__c  has value USD and not CAD

In reviewing the Quote Detail page, I understand you have two currency fields added . One is the managed package currency field zqu__currency__c which has value USD and the second one is CurrencyIsoCode which has value CAD.

Select product step will display the product rate plans based on the currency chosen in zqu__currency__c field.

Can you please test with selecting currency as CAD in zqu__currency__c and let me know if it resolves the issue

Thank you
Doyeli

Guru

@doyeli i apologize for not replying sooner.

I created a new opportunity for you, 006Q000000FDAyg.  You should be able to create a New Quote now.

Yes it is true that if I change the Zuora Currency field to CAD on the Quote AFTER the quote is created, then I can add the CAD products.  My problem is that when i initially create a quote, the Zuora Curreny field displays as CAD, but yet the products available to select are USD.

Here are my steps again and what I found

1. create new quote and in Step 2 you can visually see that both currency fields reference CAD.

2. Select Products - Step 3 once the products are selected the USD values display.

3. Skip Step 4 and Save

4. the Quote details will display now Zuora Currency as USD and SF Currency as CAD

5. If i Edit Quote Details, the Zuora Currency field is not available to edit even though i have it in the field set and it's visible to everyone.

6. As an Admin, i can update the Zuora currency field since the field is on the page layout and not in the visual forcepage

7. i update the Zuora curreny to CAD and save

8. doing that automically remove the USD charge previosuly added and a red error message at the top displays indicating that there are no products on the quote.

9. select products.  once the product is selected it is now the CAD values.

I added some screenshots do you want me to add them to this post or send them to you another way?  It seemed like a lot to unload 6 files.  Please let me know if you need more information.

Support SME

Hi @ehavens,  Thanks. I will  review this further and let you know if I need the screenshots.

Thank you

Doyeli

Support SME

Hi @ehavens,

Sending you a private messge with the detail

Thanks

Doyeli