Happy Business Starts Here

Quote Type "Amend Existing" Not Available while creating Quote

Highlighted
Zuora Support

Quote Type "Amend Existing" Not Available while creating Quote

Problem:

We are unable to select "Amend Existing" quote types on renewal opportunities.This issue is only occurring on new opportunities.

If I navigate to an existing opportunity and create a new quote, I can see the option to choose quote type of "Amend Existing".

181294 - Billing Account.jpg

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Zuora Support

Re: Quote Type "Amend Existing" Not Available while creating Quote

Solution:

The customer has implemented Plugin Class – IcustomizeBillingAccountPlugin.

The SelectBillingAccount component allows you to select an existing Zuora billing account or create a new billing account when creating quotes. The component supports the following:

• Has customizable page name and description.
  • Allows user to choose a new billing account vs. an existing billing account.
  • When the existing billing account option is chosen, allows the user to choose an existing billing account, and displays the billing account details in a table.
  • Allows user to choose a Quote Type: New Subscription, Amendment, Renewal, and Cancellation.
  • When amending, renewing, or canceling, allows the user to choose a subscription.
  • When amending, renewing, or canceling, all the subscriptions and subscription products for the account are listed.
  • Contains the Next and Cancel buttons. The target URL or action for both buttons is configurable.

In the plugin class, customer modified the code to only allows the amend option if the subscription being amended has a term start date in the future or within the last 60 days.

Code Reference:

//If term start date in past or up to 60 days past, remove amendment option

if (subsTermStartTodayOrFuture == false)

{

quoteTypeObjs.quoteTypes.remove(1);
          }

Please refer to the Knowledge Center Article SelectBillingAccount Component for more details on this.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Zuora Support

Re: Quote Type "Amend Existing" Not Available while creating Quote

Solution:

The customer has implemented Plugin Class – IcustomizeBillingAccountPlugin.

The SelectBillingAccount component allows you to select an existing Zuora billing account or create a new billing account when creating quotes. The component supports the following:

• Has customizable page name and description.
  • Allows user to choose a new billing account vs. an existing billing account.
  • When the existing billing account option is chosen, allows the user to choose an existing billing account, and displays the billing account details in a table.
  • Allows user to choose a Quote Type: New Subscription, Amendment, Renewal, and Cancellation.
  • When amending, renewing, or canceling, allows the user to choose a subscription.
  • When amending, renewing, or canceling, all the subscriptions and subscription products for the account are listed.
  • Contains the Next and Cancel buttons. The target URL or action for both buttons is configurable.

In the plugin class, customer modified the code to only allows the amend option if the subscription being amended has a term start date in the future or within the last 60 days.

Code Reference:

//If term start date in past or up to 60 days past, remove amendment option

if (subsTermStartTodayOrFuture == false)

{

quoteTypeObjs.quoteTypes.remove(1);
          }

Please refer to the Knowledge Center Article SelectBillingAccount Component for more details on this.

View solution in original post