Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Savvy Scholar

Re: Quote Template Sample with Advanced Customizations

Hi @feisley Thank you so much for this! I've used your tips and they have been a big help. However, I have one issue that I can't solve - and Zuora Support suggest I post here as they couldn't help me either. 

I've followed your instructions on hiding rows for deleted/duplicate products and it works perfectly on the .pdf, but when I go to generate it in Word it still displays extra rows (not quite in the table). We need to use word templates sometimes for redlines or other manual edits before sending the quote, but the way it's generated in word you cannot even delete the text without completely destroying the table formatting. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas on what I may need to do in my mergefields to make it work? I also know you normally prefer using chargesummaries instead of quoterateplancharge - but we have a lot of custom fields that calcualte on the rate plan charge level (some are ones we show on this template) so that is why we are using quoterateplancharge table instead. 

Screenshot of the temeplate:

Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 4.30.57 PM.png

Preview of a .pdf that generates correctly:

Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 4.33.43 PM.png

Preview of the word incorrectly formatted (note the extra lines not part of the table)

Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 4.34.49 PM.png

Preview of the previewed word document with hidden fields shown for reference: 

Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 4.34.14 PM.png