Happy Business Starts Here

Valued Scholar

Quote Template Rate Plan Charge Calculation with Billing Period = Subscription Term

Hi - 

I am testing setting up one of our new Product Rate Plan Charges with a Billing Period type of Subscription Term.  This setup requires using the monthly list price.  The issue I am having is with the quote pdf.  When the pdf is genrated the Rate Plan Charge totals are only equal to the mothly total.  Is there a way to have the 'Total' show the total based on price * quantity * term length?

Using the subscription term as the Billing Period provide flexibilty for non-standard term lengths, but our customers would not understand a quote that looked like this. 

Quote Sample.JPG

thanks 

10 REPLIES 10
Zuora Alumni

Re: Quote Template Rate Plan Charge Calculation with Billing Period = Subscription Term

The * length are stored in the metrics fields we get from API calls from Zuora on either QRPC or QCS objects.   This article should help:

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/C_Zuora_Quotes/M_Working_with_Quotes/F_Quote_Metrics

Valued Scholar

Re: Quote Template Rate Plan Charge Calculation with Billing Period = Subscription Term

Thanks, the article was very helpful.  The only place I am still having issues is the Amendment quotes.  I can't get the pro-rated total to populate in the charge line. The only place it popluates is in the quote merge fields on the total quote amount. I am using the QCS objects for merge fields. 

Capture.JPG

Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

The zqu__Billing* fields should give you this for the Charge level Metrics in QCS.

Valued Scholar

I don't see any zqu_ _ billing fields in the QCS merge field options?

Zuora Alumni

If you reference a direct API name of the salesforce field in the Template it should print out fine.

Valued Scholar

Can you provide more detail on how this would work with Merge fields? I have been using this knowledgecenter article for usable fields.  https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/C_Zuora_Quotes/G_Zuora_Quotes_Configuration_Settings/D....  But are you saying I can use any of the Salesforce zqu fields in the merge fields? Thanks 

Zuora Alumni

Yes thats correct, we need to update that article.

Zuora Alumni

article is updated, let us know if you run into more issues:

An alternative to specifying a merge field as given in the first column of the below tables, you can specify an API name of the field from the second column. For example, <<Quote.AmendmentName>> can be also specified as <<Quote.zqu__Amend_Name__c>> as zqu__Amend_Name__c is the API name of the corresponding field.

Valued Scholar

Question on Invoice Templates -  Are you not able to use the 'Invoice' object in multi line tables? I keep getting an error when I try and use this in table merge field.  There are several fields that are not available in the other objects that I would like to use on the invoice template.  Thanks