Happy Business Starts Here

Zuora Staff

Quote Template: Quote Discount mergefield

Hi

I am creating a quote template and I've got all the other details done but I am not able to get the Quote level discount to show up. I tried using the mergefield - Quote.Previewed_Discount but this returns zero. 

I read in the few support tickets that Quote.Previewed_Discount does not work. 

So I am not sure what is the way to show Quote level discount.

Can someone please help me? 

Regards

Mayank

10 REPLIES 10
Zuora Alumni

Re: Quote Template: Quote Discount mergefield

Hi Mayank,

Thank you for posting your question here.  I will investigate it and provide an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Ryhwei

Application Suupport Engineer

Support SME

Hi @Mayank, can you please try using the API name of the Discount field on the Quote Object in your template,  Quote.zqu__Previewed_Discount__c and confirm if that resolves the issue. 

We are testing in parallel as well.

Thank you

doyeli

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Zuora Staff

Hi

T`hanks but unfortunately that did not work. 

Also I am looking for two fields - Discount amount at charge level and Discount amount at quote level. Both are not showing up. I can get the discount % but not the amount. 

Thanks 

Zuora Alumni

Hi Mayank,

Per this document   https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/C_Zuora_Quotes/CB_Zuora_Quotes_Configuration_Settings/... Previewed_Discount is not a valid merge field for Quote object.  You can use its API name, zqu__Previewed_Discount__c, defined for field Discount of Quote object to access the discount.  I tried and used Quote.zqu__Previewed_Discount__c and did see it reflect the value of the Quote in my test.

Please let us know if there is any quesiton and thanks again for posting your question here.

Regards,

Ryhwei

Application Support Engineer

Zuora Alumni

HI Mayank,

For Quote level discount, is it possible that you provide a screenshot showing the discount in the Quote Metrics of the Quote in question?

For Charge level, did you try Charge.Discount or ChargeSummary.Discount?

Regards,

Ryhwei

Zuora Staff

Hi, 

For Charge level, I tried Charge.Discount or ChargeSummary.Discount.

For Quote level, Quote.zqu__Previewed_Discount__c did not help either.

Zuora Staff

Hi

I believe I was making a basic mistake. I was trying to use these fields on the discount provided using salesforce discount (that Zuora treats as price override) and not through a rate plan and hence these mergefields were not working. 

When I tried putting a discount through the rate plan, it worked. 

Can someone confirm that my understanding is correct and the price override done in salesforce will not show in the quote template though one that is through a rate plan using discount charge type will show?

Thanks

Support SME

Hi Mayank,

Can you please elaborate on your following comment

>>I was trying to use these fields on the discount provided using salesforce discount

Are you not using ZQuote application?

As long as Quote.zqu__Previewed_Discount__c field  is populated in the Quote record (created using ZQuote application)   in database and you use this same as merge field in your template, it should show

Thank you

Doyeli

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Zuora Staff

Hi Mayank,

The Quotes package has two different concepts for discounts, quote-level, and charge-level. If you leverage a rateplan that contains a Discount-Fixed or Discount-Percentage charge, this will show up in the Quote-level discount field. Alternatively, if you override the price of a charge directly, this will not be reflected in the Quote-level discount. Price overrides in that fashion are only reflected in the charge-level discount field.

Thanks,

Mikey