Happy Business Starts Here

Re: Quote Template Merge Fields

suenind
Partner

Quote Template Merge Fields

Please can you tell me how to print the Rate Plan name and Rate Plan Charge name on the quote template when using the Quote Rate Plan Charge object.

The current fields being used are QuoteRatePlanCharge.RatePlanName and QuoteRatePlanCharge.RatePlanCharge

Regardless of whether I use the merge field as detailed on the knowledge centre or the SFDC field name I am getting the id rather than the name being returned.

Please advise what I should be using.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Robert
Zuora Alumni

@feisley-Thank you for assisting with the Quote Template Merge question.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
feisley
Guru

@suenind QuoteRatePlanCharge.RatePlanName should be giving you the string name of the Rate Plan. QuoteRatePlanCharge.RatePlanCharge is a lookup and would give you an ID rather than a string. For the string version of the charge name you can do QuoteRatePlanCharge.Name

If you are using a more recent version of Quotes (i.e. v7 or v8) I also generally advise people to look into using the QuoteChargeSummary object on Quotes as it allows a consistent template for New, Amend, and Renewal quotes.

Robert
Zuora Alumni

@feisley-Thank you for assisting with the Quote Template Merge question.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

View solution in original post

suenind
Partner

Many thanks for the suggestion, I have changed my template to use the ChargeSummary table and we have acheive most of what we required

Sue