Happy Business Starts Here

Quote.Previewed_Total isn't working for Some Rate Plans

Highlighted
Zuora Support

Quote.Previewed_Total isn't working for Some Rate Plans

Problem:

Quote.Previewed_Total is displaying as blank for quotes with Quarterly Rate plans. We are using it to power our field called Total Order Amount. In quote template PDF, Total Order Amount is showing 0.

170698 - Quote Template PDF.jpg

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Support

Re: Quote.Previewed_Total isn't working for Some Rate Plans

Solution:

In Salesforce, "Quote.Previewed_Total" is blank, since MRR & TCV value is 0.

170698 - SFDC Query.jpg

Meanwhile, in Zuora, when previewed the Subscription and we can see that the MRR and TCV values got calculated.

170698 - Subscription Preview.jpg

Generally, Quote metrics will get calculated from SubscribePreview Call from Zuora to Salesforce. Might be because of some intermittent issue SubscribePreview Call didn't calculate Quote Metrics in Salesforce. Since this quote is already sent to Zuora, we cannot troubleshoot or make the quote to re-calculate metrics.

But to ensure next time this should not happen, please follow below steps:

If any time we see Quote Metrics value as 0 in any of the quotes, please do not send the quote to Zuora. Follow any of the below steps to make the metrics to recalculate.

• Click on "Edit Quote Details" button in Quote Detail page. Change "Initial term" or "Renewal term" value to a different value, save the quote. So now the metrics will get calculated. Once calculated and you see the metrics value, revert back the values to the original value and click Save again so that metrics will get recalculated.
  • Try to add the field "zqu_Is_charge_expired__c" in the quote page layout, and set the value to True, save it. This also triggers the Quote metrics calculation.

After performing any one of the above-mentioned steps, check for Quote Metrics now along with Previewed Total Value. If everything is good, now send it to Zuora.

Please refer to the knowledge article Quote and Charge Metrics for more details regarding Quote Metrics calculation.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √