Happy Business Starts Here

Senior Tutor

Quote PDF's no longer being attached to Quotes

Out of the blue the system stopped attaching quote pdf's to the Quote and instead is attaching them to the Opportunity.

I have reviewed the config instructions but they are useless - it says checking the Attach quote pdf/doc will automatically attach the pdf/doc to the quote or the opportunity but no instruction on what you do to ensure it attachs to the quote.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

4 REPLIES 4
Zuora Support

Re: Quote PDF's no longer being attached to Quotes

@Retreever

Could you please directly message me your Salesforce org and grant login access for me to look into this further?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Senior Tutor

Hi @Manojna I have sent you a private message with the org id and you have been granted log in access.

Regards, Roger

Zuora Support

@Retreever

Thank you for providng the access. I will further review and keep you posted on the same

Zuora Support

@Retreever

By design, if the Quote has an Opportunity(zqu__Opportunity__c) associated, the "Generate Pdf" button will attach the Quote Pdf to the Opportunity when the setting "Attach Quote Pdf/Doc" is enabled in Zuora Config ->Quote Configuration Settings

If there is no Opportunity associated to the Quote, the "Generate PDF" will attach Quote Pdf directly to the Quote

Could you please validate the same behavior in your Org?

One option to get the Quote Pdf attach to the Quote directly is to ensure that the Quote created does not have any Opportunity associated i.equotes created  by clicking Opportunity ->New Quote button

Alternatively, If you would not wish to the have the Quote Pdf generated attached to an Opportunity, disable the "Attach Quote Pdf/Doc"  setting in Zuora Config ->Quote Configuration Settings and the "Generate Pdf" button will directly open the Quote Pdf