Support SME

Re: Quote PDF for Renewal Quotes showing expired/removed products

Thank you very much @feisley

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Highlighted
Senior Tutor

@feisley thanks much! I'll post replies in the other thead.

Guru

@feisley @doyeli@markgschafer,@Vickie

Has anyone used this solution for renewal quotes that have products with features?  We are currently using TableStart:BundleRatePlans and TableStart:QuoteFeatures is a nested table within the previous table.  I'm successful in hiding the products that are RemoveProduct amendments, but I cannot render the features for the remaining products in table.

This is all new functionality to me so maybe I'm missing something fundamental.  Or maybe it can't be done.  Here's a screenshot of my template with everything exposed.  The section in yellow in a nested table that doesn't get rendered with the feature names that's associated with that product.  the second screenshot is the result of that on the PDF.

Any guidance would be helpful.  Thanks in Advanced.

Template not rendering Feature Table.JPG

Result.JPG

Guru

@ehavens while I have not personally done the nested table, it should in theory work the same because the IF conditions only control visibility (behind the scenes all the data is still in the underlying document.

One question: If you remove the condition to hide the rows, does the highlighted section work? 

For a debugging technique that I have used: when doing lots of complex conditional visibility work, i will often do my test by generating the word doc rather than a PDF. This lets you open the document in Word and you can then show the hidden values by showing the merge fields.

Guru

@feisley Yes, the structure still works if I remove the condition to hide the rows.

It's been awhile since I've had to modify the templates and work with the 2 tables, BundleRatePlan and QuoteFeatures.  This afternoon was a crash remembering session.  If the product is Original the features will not display since there's no actual QuoteFeature records to pull because there's no QuoteRatePlanCharge record created for original products.  If the product is an UpdateProduct for any reason, then the features will display because a QuoteRatePlanCharge record is created.

So in my example where the TableStart/TableEnd info was displaying on the PDF was because the product was original and doesn't have any feature records even though it does have features.

So my question now becomes, are there any conditions I can use to hide tables or replace with text when there's no records?  if table is null display "text" otherwise display table?  TableHide?  I'll have to do some additional research.

Thanks for suggesting that I remove the condition, that at least got me to remember these nuances.