Happy Business Starts Here

Support SME

Quote PDF for Renewal Quotes showing expired/removed products

The renewal quote layout (ie the pdf version) is showing removed products after our Zquotes upgrade to 8.3 and we have always only shown the new and retained products.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

14 REPLIES 14
Support SME

Re: Quote PDF for Renewal Quotes showing expired/removed products

Stating from Zuora Quotes Q3 2016 Release
Remove Product Amendment Metrics is Supported in Quote Charge Summary

Please review :

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/AA_Whats_New/S_Previous_Z-Force_Releases/V_2016_Zuora_for_Salesfor...

"Now the charge level metrics for the Remove Product amendments are available in Quote PDF documents via the Quote Charge Summary object."

There are  few options that can be taken to hide/nor display Renoved product Amendment Row in the generated Quote PDF

Option 1:

Try to see in the ChargeSummary merge fields can be replaced by  quoteRatePlanCharge merge fields.

Option 2:

Another solution that may work is to have a column in the Quote Template  which states Added or Removed.
Here are the steps to achieve this:

Create a custom formula field (AmendmentType_c) on the quote charge summary object that pulls the amendment type from the quote rate plan object. The amendment Type field in Quote Rate plan object actually stores the type of Amendment . This is how the  formula field on Quote charge summary Object should look:

scr2.PNG

• In the Template, for each field, please filter out the "Removeproduct" types of Amendment from being displayed with the IF merge conditional, like
{ IF <<ChargeSummary.AmendmentType__c>> =  “Remove Product” "" “display something” }

For example , as shown in screenshot below:

scr1.PNG

Here is the article on using Conditional IF Merge Fields in Quote Templates

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/C_Zuora_Quotes/G_Zuora_Quotes_Configuration_Settings/D...(IF_Fields)

The conditional template works fine and does not display the Remove product amendment but it shows as a blank row. Unfortunately, this cannot be avoided at this point  as , using IF fields have the following limitations:

• IF fields cannot hide or display specific table columns or rows.
  • IF fields cannot hide or display recursive tables.

So, the only option is  to edit the PDF to remove the blank row or sort it by AmendmentType_c so that the RemoveProduct appears at the bottom . 

Guru

This can actually be accomplished without showing the blank rows. I will summarize here and then try and follow up with a simple example from our template:

You basically do two nested tables that are combined to look like 1 table.

If we have a table with 5 columns we need to show we make a table with 5 columns and two rows. We then combine all the cells in row 2 into one cell.

Within the single cell you then insert a new table that has a single row and 5 columns. The trick here is that you set those 5 columns to be exactly the same widths as the parent table. So when the row loops and replicates this "table" it looks visually like multiple rows.

So if you had a quote with 3 line items your inner table gets replicated 3 times and looks like 3 rows when stacked together. You will need to play a little with margins/borders so it looks good, and I highly recommend sizing the cells using numeric values in properties rather than trying to drag them.

The cool part is that you can then use IF conditions wrapped around the inner table to conditionally hide or show it. I am including a screenshot of ours below that shows how we hide usage charges as well as removed items, but any logic can be used. I will try and strip down our template so I can actually provide a real example you can take and modify to try this out.

Cheers,

Jacob

Screenshot 2017-02-24 13.34.11.png

Support SME

THANK YOU very much Jacob for sharing this great information.

Though you have attached the screenshot , if possible, will it be ok with you to attach a sample Quote  template (after removing any confidential information) with this implemented? It will be really helpful.

Thanks again

Doyeli

Guru

For sure, I have been meaning to do this for some time (provide a basic sample of our Quote and Invoice templates) since they have some creative solutions in them and its easier to explain when someone can see the document itself Smiley Happy

Should be able to get it posted in the next few days.

Support SME

Thank you very much !!

Doyeli

Senior Tutor

Hi! Any chance you were able to get a sample template based on this solution? This change is driving us crazy as well. It'd be really really helpful to have a starting point for the template. Thanks!

Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

It looks like it will take a couple of days to get the Templates posted... so please stand by, they are coming soon!

Guru

@markgschafer I have our template just about cleaned up for publishing. Got delayed by a few other projects but should have it posted Monday.

Guru

@doyeli@markgschafer@Vickie I have posted our template sample in a new thread (since it was quite lengthy) and so we can keep discussion on a single thread for that template.

http://community.zuora.com/t5/Zuora-for-Salesforce/Quote-Template-Sample-with-Advanced-Customization...

Let me know if you have any questions.