Quote Error "CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, record type missing for: Quote Charge: "
Problem: Customer was getting the below error on creating the "New Subscription" Quote and adding Products to it. This error was occuring on hitting "Save" button on the "Edit Products" page.
Solution: In this specific scenario, the issue was due to the missing record type on the "Quote Charges" object for the user Profile.
Following the steps below resolved this issue:
1. Go to "My Settings" from the top right corner as shown below.
2. Click on the "Advanced User Details" and then your Profile name as below.
3. The issue was caused by the missing Record Type on the Quote Charges object. So we went to the "System Administrator" profile which was the current user profile. Under the Custom Record Type Settings, we clicked Edit on the "Quote Charges" as shown below. I have striked the Default as this was not there initially before the update was done.
4. Added the default record type to the "Selected Record Types" list.
5. After performing this step, selected the Default Record Type to "Default" as shown below and saved which resolved this issue.
If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √