Happy Business Starts Here

Zuora Staff

Quote Charge Summary Quantity not updating after "Undo Changes"

I've created a Renewal Quote that has Products on it. If I update the Quantity on a Product, I notice the Quote Charge Summary Quantity does get updated, and there is a new Quote Amendment made. However, if I then select "Undo Changes", either in the Product Selector or directly on the Product in the Quote Details page, and Save, the Quote Charge Summary Quantity is not Updated to what it should be after the "undo", even though the UpdateProduct Quote Amendment is deleted and the Quantity on the Product is updated on the Quote Details and Product Selector Pages. I've attached a flow of screen shots to illustrate what I mean.

1) Basic Full User Fee quantity is 1, before update.

1-Renewal Quote Before Update Basic Full User Fee Charge Quantity is 1.png

2)  Basic Full User Fee Quantity Updated to 102-Update Basic Full User Fee Charge Quantity to 10.png

3) See there's a Quote Amendment for UpdateProduct after the update3- See Theres 2 Amendments after Update Product.png

4) See the expected Product in the UpdateProduct Quote Amendment

4-Going into the Update Amendment see Charges.png

5) See Quote Charge Summary for Basic Full User Fee Quantity was updated to 10

5-QCS for Basic Full User Fee Quantity Updated to 10.png

6) Back on Quote Details page, select the "Undo Changes" on the Product. Expected result would be the Product's Quantity changes back to 1.

6- Back on Renewal Quote, _Undo_ changes on Basic Full User Fee.png

7) After selecting Undo, see that the Basic Full User Fee Quantity is changed back to 1, here on Quote Details Page.

7- See Basic Full User Fee Quantity back to 1 and is original.png

8) The UpdateProduct Quote Amendment has been deleted, and the Product that was in the UpdateProduct Quote Amendment is now in the Renewal Quote Amendment, which is all expected. 9-Basic Full User Fee is back on this Renewal Amendment.png

10) HOWEVER, the Quantity on the Quote Charge Summary for Basic Full User Fee has NOT been updated, and is still Quantity 10. It should be 1.

10-Basic Full User Fee Quantity is still 10 and not 1.png

The Quantity field not being updated on the QCS affects the process of syncing fields from the Quote Charge Summary object to Opportunity Products after the Quote Charge Summary Update Trigger event, which is a common customization. 

4 REPLIES 4
Support SME

Re: Quote Charge Summary Quantity not updating after "Undo Changes"

HI @Margo,  I am testing it on my end to confirm. Could you please let me know the version of ZQuote you are on

Thank you
Doyeli

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Highlighted
Zuora Staff

Hi,

It's Zuora Quotes 8.8.1 and 360 version 4.8

Thank you,

Margo

Support SME

Hi @Margo sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this.

I have tested the same steps on my end and could reproduce the problem.

As a workaround, can you please click on the "Edit products" Button and then perfoem the "Undo Changes" from there

Capture.PNG

Based on my testing, I see the Quote Charge Summary record gets updated correctly then.

Please let me know if this works on your end.

Thank you
Doyeli

Support SME

To close the loop, based on my checking with Engineering, there may be some UI changes to undo functionality in an upcoming release of ZQuote.

But we have created an internal Bug report COM-12565 to track this issue.